1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Reviews - Page 4 of 4

First year of ownership1989
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 2.4 liter Manual
Previous carDodge Pickup

Summary:

A bad 4x4 machine

Alignment went at 200,000.

Rotors went at 280,000.

Body Rot in wheel wells of bed.

Transmission went at 200,000.

General Comments:

My Nissan has been the best 4x4 I have seen in a while. It is to small on the interior, but good for having fun in. I took it off a 20' drop in a riverbed doing 60mph and only broke the windshield with my forehead and bent the bars on the front. This is a truck that won't break.

Review Date: 2nd April, 2002

1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Z24 inline 4 from North America

Engine and transmission Z24 inline 4 Manual
Previous carNissan Hardbody Pickup

Summary:

Good truck

This is a very reliable truck, for anyone, but it makes a really good teenagers first car. I'm 18 and I love the truck, the only thing wrong so far, is that the brake master cylinder went out or is leaking, but I'm getting a new one soon, but this truck is great!!

General Comments:

This truck has pretty good power for a 4 banger engine, I'm always passing Toyotas, Mazdas, and small Dodge d50's on the highway up hills.

Review Date: 17th December, 2001

17th Oct 2002, 13:07

I have A Nissan hard body pickup and I find it great. It had some rust when I got it, but after I fixed that the truck looks great. It could use a little more power up hills, but otherwise the truck is a great. I don't find it to be a older person truck tho. I and 17 and I love this thing, it is fun any where you drive it.

1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup D21 3.0 V-6 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 3.0 V-6 Manual
Previous carDodge Dakota

Summary:

A very reliable truck

The rear drive shaft went bad, worn out. Couldn't find a match, had to use a Pathfinder shaft to work with the trucks old shaft. It's hard to find parts for these trucks.

General Comments:

The truck itself is very reliable and yes the body is made of tinfoil, but the engine and the running gears are good.

My truck had the Z-24 in it and I pulled it out and put the 3.0 in, what a difference! The 4 banger is so underpowered.

Review Date: 1st June, 2001

11th Jun 2001, 16:18

Would like to get in touch with the author regarding replacing my 2.4L with the 3.0L.

25th Nov 2001, 21:53

I had an 89 that the rear U-joint went out in as well... couldn't fix it because they're staked in. Couldn't find one in a junkyard because they only used those for a couple years and Nissans won't die!!! I'm upset though because after waiting 2 months to have someone fabricate a new drive-shaft for it, I got T-boned at an intersection and totaled the truck! Oh well, now somebody else will be able to get my nice new drive-shaft from the bone yard (I still visit it sometimes...).

7th Feb 2002, 23:46

I too have had to replace my drive shafts 3 times, I found a place in Gardena Ca, fixed it for $35.00 plus they inserted a zerk fitting into it.