1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 3.0 V6 from North America
The best money I ever spent
- Speedometer quit (never fixed).
- A flex fuel line (they gave me a foot of line for free at Lordco, fixed myself).
- A flex brake line(18$, fixed myself).
- Idler pulley (60$ at the shop).
- Ball joint, tie rod end and some other front end parts, only because it was so heavily abused off road (approx 600$ at the shop).
I have put damn near 100 000km on this thing (in 2 years!) and have put maybe 1000$ into it (including tires!). I paid 1500$ for it!!!
Not the best on fuel, but I don't care, it's a 4x4 and it's as reliable as the sunrise.
A little under powered, but it gets all it needs when you're in low gear crawling up the mountain.
I don't know what things would have been like had I not had this truck.
The frames are the Achilles heel of these trucks; mine is just starting to go, but it can still be saved without much hassle.
If you can find one with low km and a good frame with a standard transmission, it will serve you for years, and it won't ask for much.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 27th August, 2014