1988 Nissan Pulsar n13 1.8 MPFI from Australia and New Zealand
Performance at a good price
My first drive in it the motor overheated.
The rear disk brakes locked on wearing out two sets of pads in 2 months.
Constant velocity joint popped out, which meant the car could not move at all.
The water pump was replaced at 200,000kms, it was the main cause of overheating.
The welsh plugs were replaced at 210,000kms.
Currently the power steering is about to die and the front shocks are gone.
I only bought this car for $2400 to drive to work everyday, but I changed to a job where I have to drive 900kms a week which I don't think it can handle.
The motor in it is very responsive and goes when you tell it too. It can beat any standard Excel or lancer. Though the handling is not the best and with the worn out front shocks the engine sump scrapes on the ground when you do a hard left.
I would very much recommend to buyers if you want a pulsar get the one with the 1.8 litre motor if they want performance just have it serviced regularly.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 10th November, 2003
1st Jun 2004, 20:56
Well I don't mind your review, mind that I have the same model of the Nissan you have (pulsar vector 1.8 GXE, if it is that).
Well I got mine for 2000 and she goes like a beauty. Except from the fact that it has been baby-ed around by a old man for 15 years and has carbon some parts of the engine. Therefore it is in pretty good condition. Me and my dad gave it a good old polishing and looks pretty slick.
I've got some new springs and shock absorbers so it can handle better on the road, (I'm not really a car expert so if I don't say things the correct way then don't worry bout it). Its handling is a little dodgy, but yeah I agree how its really responsive.
Oh and I might be putting a 2.0Ltr sr20 motor in it from a late model SSS so that will make it go off :D.
But anyway I reckon that if you bought it new and not second hand you would have a better review of it. Maybe it was just how the previous owner treated it. Who knows?