Awesome. Enough said. :D
While I've owned it? Absolutely nothing. :)
When Dad had it, it:
- Blew a head gasket (or something similar).
- Blew a couple of (rubber) pipes.
- Entire engine bay got 'painted' orange one day when the radiator cap came off.
And a couple of other really minor things. :)
Well. Thanks to Gran Turismo 2, I got my love of Nissan Skylines. Eventually Dad bought one, and as soon as I got a ride in it & drove it, I instantly fell in love!
At this point in time:
- It is the fastest car I've ever driven.
- It is the best handling car I've ever driven (four wheel steering and four wheel drive help a lot in cornering - never understeers!).
- It is the most powerful car I've ever driven (215hp or so - not much, but it is plenty for me!).
- And it is the best sounding, most comfortable, best looking, has the best engine bay and interior of any car I've ever driven!
Unlike most Skyline owners, I don't plan on modifying the car at all (don't have the 'heart' to do it). I'm restoring the car to the way it was when it left the production line over 15 years ago.
I hardly ever thrash/floor it (only if I'm trying to get out of a parking space/intersection or similar quickly, or if I pass a car - which it does incredibly easily!) and I think that is why nothing has gone wrong in the (close to) year I've owned it. :)
I'm absolutely addicted to Skylines now, am a member of two New Zealand Skyline Clubs (skylinesdownunder.co.nz/, southernskylines.com) and am already saving for a second Skyline (R32 GTS-25 - then will start saving for the GT-R!).
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 1st September, 2005