9th Mar 2009, 19:44

Just found a 90 Touring Sedan on Craig's list. Original Florida car for the first 9 years before coming to Illinois.

We live in Wisconsin so will have to be careful with it. 244K, but runs and shifts beautifully. Doesn't have the sunroof, and the original Bose radio has no output, but the owner included it with the car.

Someone replaced the RH CV shaft with one for non-anti-lock.

Owner claims the toothed "gear" broke so he just took off the rest. Anyone ever heard of this happening?

Left recliner won't work even with a switch change.

Disappointed to find there isn't even a wire for the lights on warning light on the left side of the instrument panel.

Normal headliner problems, but previous owner used novel method (to me) to repair. Used 3 stained oak strips, about 3/16" x 1-1/2"W with beveled ends and just bowed them into place. Looks good.

Just bought a factory shop manual off e-bay for $25.

Car color is gray-green with maroon interior. Love it!

21st Apr 2009, 22:36

I purchased a 1990 Oldsmobile touring sedan with 80000 miles, never driven in the snow. White with blue interior, everything works, and the headliner is still up. Car drives like brand new, handles well. They don't make them like this anymore. Sticker price in 1990 was 27000, hard to believe.

I only put 1000 miles a year on it. Only repairs were an alternator and a new radiator, easy to work on considering all the options for a car almost 20 years old. Bose radio and power antenna still work, surprising.

I will keep this car forever, too bad Oldsmobile stopped making fine cars, what a shame. I have owned an 87, had 280000, ran fine but frame went, too bad, miss these cars. Very rarely see any touring sedans left.

2nd Nov 2010, 10:23

I just purchased a 1990 Olds 98 Regency Brougham PGA Tour edition with only 83k miles, no rust, no dents, paint excellent seats perfect. It is white with burgundy top and burgundy interior, carpet like new. Has a few things not working but I am tinkering with them.

4th May 2011, 13:41

That sounds really nice, do you have a digital dash? Leather?

Let me know, I'm trying to research these cars... Thanks.

William.

24th Nov 2011, 18:52

I just purchased a 1990 Olds 98 Regency Brougham with 305000 miles on it from the original owner, who actually bought it new in 1992 due to GM using it as a program car, and it still runs like a champ. I have almost all the maintenance records since it was new.

The only problems I've had so far are the onboard diagnostic system doesn't seem to work right (it doesn't track the RPMs, temp, etc like it should), the transmission acts a little odd from time to time, but nothing serious yet, and when it does, it's almost always when I'm cruising around 45 or 50, but I'm gonna be changing the fluid and filter tomorrow, and it has a little hesitation when accelerating from a dead stop. Anyone have any idea what the hesitation could be caused by? Thanks for any and all help.

27th Feb 2013, 21:46

I have a 1990 touring sedan too, and the horn on mine was stuck on, but all it takes is take the center of the steering wheel and bend the 2 little pieces of metal on the outside so they don't touch. I did it, and now my horn works great, but the 2 side buttons won't work.