This car is the poster child for why GM failed, I have a 99 GLS. The owners are now paying for it with dismal trade in and retail values. My car is mint, but the best offer I got was from a dealer who offered me $3600 for trade in, I jumped. Here's my experience:
- The fan not working at 1-2 settings is a problem almost every owner has, and GM has done NOTHING.
- The coolant leaks in almost every car. Mine started leaking at around 30k miles.
- The oil is burning, as the car, no matter how well your coolant is maintained burns HOT.
- The brakes shook at about 12000 miles, and I rotors cut and new ones put in, 10k miles later, same thing.
- The engine light! Oh my God, does this just go on and off at will? It's almost as possessed as the AC light.
- AC leaks, it's happened twice already, $200 to test and $400 to fix.
- The window on the driver's side sometimes just stops working. This is especially good news when you have no AC (see above) and its 90+ degrees out.
- I will say this, the stereo works great, it's good to have blasting in order to drown out the humming sound from the transmission.
- And yes, that battery/alternator light when it rains. I can't figure this one out.