It was a great car. But due to the long list of problems, I seriously have my doubts now
- Warranty claim for the steering rack. It makes some faint knocking sounds when going through uneven roads.
- Warranty claim the front left door plastic panel as the fabric was slightly peeling off at the edges.
- Warranty claim front disc brakes. Because it vibrates during braking at certain speeds.
- Leaks at the driver door. Apparently the plastic sheet fixed in the door panel was not sealed properly. Was fixed for free under warranty.
- Warranty claim again for the steering rack. Apparently after few thousand KM the steering rack makes the same knocking noise again.
- Front left door leaking. Same problem as the driver side. The plastic sheet was not fitted properly causing water to leak into the cabin. Was fixed under warranty.
- Disc brake claim again.
- Steering rack claim again.
- Disc brake caliper claim. Apparently it has some slack in it.
- Auto gearbox has some minor oil seepage at the top of the casing. Taken off and resealed under warranty.
- Gearbox had a huge MAJOR leak! The oil leaked and drained completely after 2 days! Had the car towed to Perodua's dealer and fixed. The seals at the gear control device located below the gear box broke. I was told by the dealer that this could be due to the improper repair works done by them when I first fixed my gearbox minor leakage previously. Said sorry to me numerous times and was fixed under warranty.
- Disc brake claim again
- Steering rack claim again.
Now that I had this car for two years and have done about 34,000KM now... I find that the plastic fittings in the car is going bad. Making all sorts of vibrating noises here and there. Basically its all front the rear. I have not found a solution for this YET.
Basically, this is a good car to have... however due to the BAD BAD QC by Perodua... I have my doubts.
Engine performance is not bad. It is not a race car / performance oriented car so I can't compare much with my previous 1.5 litre civic. The pickup is superb. However, the auto tranny makes it slower. The gear change reaction time is pretty bad / sluggish. Especially felt when you need the gears to change immediately during over taking!! Sometimes I get irritated that I just manually shift the auto gear to get the gear that I want.
Handling at stock suspension is pretty crappy. If you turn hard enough you would actually feel that the rear is wobbling. I had installed a set of performance low springs to solve this. However, as with all performance oriented low springs, it is more uncomfortable.
Interior cabin space and design is superb. No further comments on this.
PERODUA should look into these serious QC problems and fix it. Or else, the general public would look at Perodua and says that its like Proton now.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 31st March, 2008