2003 Peugeot 206 GTi 180 from UK and Ireland - Comments

8th Nov 2010, 17:08

To the last comment:

I can understand why you chose the Peugeot GTi 180, because of wanting torque you can use around town etc., the Clio drives in a similar way as it has a decent amount of torque for its size that can be used throughout the rev range.

However, I noted that you said you didn't like the Civic Type-R because of it's high rev band, (basically having to rev it to get it in the vtec zone), which is fair enough as it is tuned that way, and you then go on to say that you wish to upgrade your engine with a bigger throttle body and cams etc.

If you put sportier cams in the engine, then it will give you more power, but it will also push the power higher up the rev range as well, thus giving you an engine with the characteristics of a Civic Type-R engine (i.e. not much power until you build the revs right up), which will make it lumpy around town, terrible fuel economy and an absolute pain unless you're driving round with your hair on fire everywhere, which let's face it, was one of your main complaints in the first place regarding the Civic Type R.

Just a thought.

JEB.

13th Dec 2012, 16:40

To the fella with the 297 BHP 206 GTi 180. Could we get in touch somehow, as I have a 180 and I'm doing it up myself, but a lot of garages I speak to don't know much about tuning these cars.

Thanks.

14th Dec 2012, 09:58

To the person that made the comment saying that with wild cams it makes it lumpy around town, and poor fuel economy like a Civic Type R, obviously has no idea how VTEC works.

Two sets of cam lobes:

1. For fuel economy and driving normally around town.

2. For performance and maximum power.

Best of both worlds, and I don't have a Civic, I have the Integra Type R dc5 with a very similar k20 engine, which on a run achieves 37-39 MPG, and now with bolt on parts (intake, header, exhaust, inlet) with tuning sits at 247.6bhp.

I'd love to see the Peugeot lump achieve that.

13th Sep 2013, 07:30

Hi, I'm very interested in your work. Can you send me an email to kitas.pastas@inbox.lt. I have a C4 VTS 180 and want modify it.

Thanks.