2004 Pontiac Aztek Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2004 Pontiac Aztek from North America

Year of manufacture2003
Previous carFord Taunus

Summary:

Funky Design - Great Car

At this point nothing has gone wrong with this car. It seems to be a very good car. I am sure keeping up the regular maintainance will help in preventing most problems.

General Comments:

Many people have commented on the design of the Aztek. I was looking at a number of cars that are in the same "range" as the Aztek. I noticed that the main difference was that they were all (I mean all!) round in the back. It made them all look very much the same. Then looking at the Aztek I could the appreciate its design. I don't find it ugly at all.

What I have found is that it is choc-filled with some very nice features. Yes, I like the cooler everyone jokes about. I also enjoy the stereo system that is in our car. The feature that quiets the stereo when the car is not moving. I enjoy the ease in which my satillite radio is going to go into this car. I enjoy the room and the quiet ride.

Overall this is a nice car with a funky design. I really hope the at some point GM and Pontiac bring back the Aztek.

Review Date: 22nd May, 2006

2004 Pontiac Aztek 3.4L from North America

Engine and transmission 3.4L Automatic
Previous carMercury Villager

Summary:

The Aztek is the third ugliest car on the road with too many maintenance problems

Numerous exterior lights have burned out.

Interior light for the passenger temperature control has failed.

The seats are easily stained and require constant cleaning. Just spilling water on the seat will leave a stain.

At 52,000 miles the left front wheel bearing needed to be replaced and then at 53,000 miles the right front wheel bearing needed to be replaced. This was done at a cost of $240.00 each. The dealership would have done each side for only $480.00.

The aluminum wheels frequently throw a weight. I have the upgrade 17" wheels that require the weights to be "glued" onto the inside of the wheel.

Unless you replace the tires with Goodyear Fortera tires you are very limited as to the make of tires you can choose for replacement as few manufacturers make such a size.

General Comments:

I enjoy driving the car. The ride is good.

There is adequate power and the versatility of the vehicle is good.

I frequently joke regarding my $20,000 cooler that came with a free car.

Review Date: 25th February, 2006

27th Feb 2006, 18:11

I have to say I think the Ssangyong Rodius has to be THE ugliest car on the planet. It looks like the Aztek's father. I've never seen one in person, but the pictures are bad enough.

28th Feb 2006, 13:24

The Aztek is the ugliest vehicle made this century, with the Honda element being a close second.

2004 Pontiac Aztek AWD from North America

Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Had to have new power steering punp @ 34000 miles. Transmission is slipping at 34000. I have had to replace lights already. The wiper motors went out of sink on the 2nd day I had it. I will never ever buy another Aztek. I called Pontiac to check on recalls and the lady was rude to me.

Review Date: 30th November, 2005

2004 Pontiac Aztek AWD 3.4 Gas from North America

Engine and transmission 3.4 Gas Automatic
Distance when acquired12000 miles
Previous carPontiac Aztek

Summary:

Exceptional Value! Great car

So far no problems what so ever.

General Comments:

I have always considered the back end of the Aztek to be, well ugly. I have looked at them since they came out. I had heard that they were comfortable and great to drive.

When my Montana died, and I had to replace it right away, I bought my used

Aztek. I loved it from the first minute I had it, and I like it better every day. It is comfortable for driver and passengers (they have all remarked they like it), forward and sideways visibility is excellent. The spoiler makes for a weird rear image, but it is doable. When it rains the upper window is sort of like a fishbowl, but with a modicum of caution, not a problem. I found the stock AM/FM CD entertainment system to be surprisingly crisp, and works better than a custom unit I have in another vehicle. The flexibility of the interior, with the cargo net is great. The folding removable seats are another bonus. Just the fact that you can take them out without wrecking your back is great.

Once you get past the looks of the rear, it is fantastic. I like mine better than the Buick Rendezvous I looked at.

A great vehicle. If I do not abuse it, I have gotten 24.7 mpg with it, but normally I get about 21 or 22. But that is my fault as I tend to be an aggressive driver.

Review Date: 6th July, 2005