1993 Pontiac Grand Am SE 3.3 V6 from North America

An excellent street car with great stock performance for a V6

Brake pads and calipers replaced.

Radiator rebuilt, all hoses, radiator fan and thermostat replaced.

Alternator replaced.

General Comments:

Sometimes the starter clicks like the battery is dead when you turn the key, but turn it again and the car starts.

I love this car. It has great acceleration.

The cabin is quite roomy (I'm 6' tall).

The ride is great like a larger car.

Great stock stereo system.

All in all it's been a great car so far.

Review Date: 26th August, 2001

1993 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2.4L DOHC 4 cylinder from North America

A nice car, but a not so nice engine when it has so many miles

Replaced the engine.

Replaced the oil pan twice.

Replaced the brakes.

Replaced the rotors.

When it rains my car leaks water on the passenger side, and I can't find where it is.

Replaced motor mounts.

Replaced heater hoses.

Replaced all belts.

Sometimes I will hear squeaking from inside my car and I know it's from something loose in the interior, but I can't figure that one out either. Maybe it's because the interior is all plastic!!!

Replaced spark plugs.

General Comments:

The car is quick.

The car handles nicely.

I like the way you feel when sitting in the car, it is so comfortable and so cool feeling.

It is the best car for a beginner driver to get.

I don't like the fact that it has only a one star safety rating!!

Review Date: 16th August, 2001

31st Oct 2001, 11:53

I also have a 1993 Grand Am SE that leaks on the passenger side when it rains. I have been searching for the leak for a long time and think I have finally found it. It seems to be coming, dripping down the inside of the firewall. Under the hood, behind the passenger strut, there is a flat area where there is a connector. There was a split between two pieces of metal that looked to be welded together, once. I filled with silicon and think I solved it. It is taking forever for the padding and carpet to dry out though, so I can't be sure yet.

1993 Pontiac Grand Am SE 3.3 V6 from North America

A great entry level sports car

At 115000 miles, the transmission started freezing up after the car would be running for a while. I had it rebuilt for $1100.

The alternator froze up and stopped me on a Boston freeway. Sears fixed it for $100.

The rear brake wheel cylinders leak a little after 100000 miles. I replaced them both for $10 each.

I tend to chew through front rotors pretty quick, but I think that is more due to my "race car" style driving than the car.

I recently had the idler pulley bearings fail and was disappointed when the dealer wanted to charge me $135 for a new part. I found the pulley after-market for $20 and replaced it (please note: the bolt holding the pulley on the bracket is threaded in reverse!!!)

I had a minor accident that damaged the driver's side door and was delighted when it was easily replaced for $100 from a local junkyard.

General Comments:

For the money, the transverse mounted 165HP engine is a great deal. It will rocket off the line (0-60mph in <6sec), and this is with no after-market or performance parts.

Handling is quick and responsive, even in snow and ice conditions. The front wheel drive and nicely distributed weight make it a dream to drive.

Interior is roomy and comfortable, with lots of trunk space.

If there ever come a time to replace this car, it will be with another Grand Am.

Review Date: 14th August, 2001

1993 Pontiac Grand Am 3.3 V6 from North America

Very good car and fast

The only repair I made with this car was the breaks. The rear brakes were leaking fluids, so when I stopped, the rear would jump. I had the front brakes replaced. Repaired the front struts and back shocks. Then I had to take the car into the shop because my engine was shaking a lot, so they put in new motor mounts on the engine and transmission and my car rides as smooth as probably the first day it was made, and I still even floor it and it has the power when you use a engine clearer and fuel clearer. (1,200 on repairs)

General Comments:

This car is really there when you need it, though I gave it a repair and it's still running past over 200,000 miles.

Review Date: 24th June, 2001