2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews - Page 2 of 4

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 3.8 SFI from North America

Engine and transmission 3.8 SFI Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Beretta

Summary:

Best of the body style, and one nice car!

The original Bose head unit stopped playing CDs about 15000 miles ago, but luckily I still had the extended warranty. Took it to the dealer, they diagnosed the problem and ordered a new unit from Delco. When it came in they replaced it free of charge like I hoped.

Recently the passenger rear window has stopped working. Dread trouble-shooting that! Sun-roof sometimes has issues opening and closing, but overall it still works. That's it so far.

It is in need of new wheel hubs soon, based on noise I hear, and slop in the front wheel bearings. Figure that will be a good time for a front end rebuild (new hubs, rotors, pads, outer tie rod ends and anything else that is looking frayed).

General Comments:

The car performs great and handles equally well.

I've been running Mobile 1 10W-30 and a K&N air and oil filter since day one. It was rated for 200hp, but feels like a lot more.

Love this car!

Review Date: 10th March, 2009

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharger 3.8 from North America

Most recent distance62000 kilometres

Summary:

Unknown as of now

The side panel on the drivers side back door has fallen off twice due to... I don't know being built on a Friday maybe, The drivers side front is not put on right, which causes the back drivers side panel to constantly fall off!! (whenever I open the door/s they rub together).

And now I have no acceleration when I push on the gas petal. I get nothing. It's like driving a grandma car. I've had this car for 2 years and I am having problems with it already!

It's not even paid off yet!! The dealer is no help. Once I buy the car from them they don't care anymore! I'm already a customer what more do I need from them?

If my dealer can fix it at a half decent price, I may be back for a good review, however if it doesn't go through like I plan... Let's just say it takes one person to make something happen.

Review Date: 29th December, 2008

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8 supercharged from North America

Engine and transmission 3.8 supercharged Automatic
Previous carPontiac Grand Prix

Summary:

This car is ridiculous!

Initially, I had an issue with the passenger side window motor, the window would not respond to the switch, but I re-seated the motor harness and it took care of the problem.

Rear door panel clips wear out due to elongated rear doors. $2.95 fix if you know how to take the rear door panels off.

Had a CPS sensor (crankshaft position sensor) go out on a previous GP @ 95k miles. $140 fix.

General Comments:

I had a previous Grand Prix, but it was an SE with a 3.8L. I thought that car was fast. It cannot touch the GTP! I think the extra 40 horsepower is under-rated. I can smoke tuners, 5.0s, BM 3 series and was able to keep up (not beat) a Viper SRT-10. Keep in mind just a few minor engine mods.

This car looks great off of the lot. Throw a body kit on it and just watch the attention it attracts.

I definitely recommend checking out brake upgrades and possibly a transmission cooler if you are hard on your cars.

Do not cheap out on tires for this car! The tires for a high performance machine are just as important as the steering wheel!

I just wish I had a chance to drive mine more!!!

Review Date: 2nd May, 2008

3rd May 2008, 14:22

Keep up with a Viper? By that you mean you could still see him in the distance a mile ahead of you on a crystal clear day? Your car is fast but that's a little over the top. Viper 0-60 in 4 seconds. Your car 6.5-7 puts the Viper multiple car lengths ahead of you.

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 3.1 from North America