2007 Pontiac Wave Base 1.6 from North America

Summary:

Great little commuter, easy on gas

So far my Wave has been very reliable.

General Comments:

Fun little car to drive!

Door armrests are rock hard, sore elbow when going long distances.

Auto transmission doesn't want to shift up when going up hills, wants to stay in lower gear?

Review Date: 5th January, 2008

2nd Sep 2013, 20:21

I own a 2007 Pontiac Wave, and wish I had never bought it. You have to buy the expensive tires for it, the ones that are mentioned in the owner's manual. I went through 3 sets of tires in less than one year.

My Wave is on its fifth set of wheel bearings. Not a cheap way to get around.

The rear axle arms that attach to the frame, the rubber mounts tore away from the metal that they were attached to, and that cost $1,300 to replace and labour.

I was told that I had to replace the timing belt, which I did, and the mechanic put it in wrong, causing the push rods to get bent, holes in the pistons, and cracks all throughout the head. Because I am a woman, he figured that I should have just driven it any way.

I will buy only used cars from now on, when all of the bugs have been worked out of it by the previous owner.

2007 Pontiac Wave Wi uplevel 1.6L l-4 from North America

Summary:

Boy racer in need of aftermarket support

Only problems I have had with the car, are the front seat belts and the rear doors that won't unlock with the power door locks when cold.

Had an 04 Malibu Maxx that was in the shop every month of ownership for CD changer and starting problems, so I can live with busted seat belts and reaching for the door lock from the inside.

General Comments:

Fun car that takes abuse and still returns decent mileage.

Kart like handling at speed, spidery reflexes while navigating city streets and alleys. Got beat by a dad in a Toyota Yaris 4 door sedan. A little disappointed, needs passing power.

If you buy this car, a 5 speed, sunroof and MP3/CD player are a must (buy the Wi package). Having no ABS in Canada's winter time didn't make a difference.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2007

2007 Pontiac Wave 5-door hatchback from North America

Summary:

It is a potentially good starter vehicle, if there are no other options.

The spark plugs had to be replaced.

Computer programming had to be fixed.

A gas valve had to be replaced.

Plus sundry other, smaller problems.

General Comments:

At first the car seemed amazing, given its size. It handles well, even on snowy days.

Given that it is a compact car, it does not get as many kilometers to the litre as would be expected -approximately 38km/L.

Stitching on the seats is pretty poor.

Within 5 months of purchasing the car, problems began (see above) - the car is now 7 months old, and has spent the majority of the past 4 months in the shop. The problems have (so far)all been defects and therefore covered by warranty.

Review Date: 5th April, 2007

25th Aug 2007, 12:43

As an update to my review...

My Wave has has again been back to the garage.

-The CD/Radio has had to be replaced due to the fact that it kept quitting. Now the new stereo won't play all CDs.

-The driver side door was partially replaced because the armrest became loose (it could actually be lifted apart).

This car is not yet a year old, and things continue to break! Though I have it on 5 year financing, I am planning to rid myself of it within the next 2 years.

9th Oct 2007, 19:13

If you want a good subcompact GM car, stick with a Chevrolet Chevette or Pontiac Acadian. They're cheap on the interior parts and a bit old (over 20 years now) but if you find a good one, they're incredibly reliable.