1977 Porsche 924 Martini from North America

This car simply rocks, despite having to replace some original parts

The original fuel pump stopped working.

The original water pump wore out.

The clutch has seen some abuse, but still works.

General Comments:

This car has always been a great running car.

It's a tad sluggish or so, but still quite quick when it gets in third gear.

The handling is great; I can take a turn at 60 mph or so.

Review Date: 24th September, 2005

1977 Porsche 924 Martini Edition 2,0 injection petrol from Sweden

Bad ass German with an attitude

Someone tried to steal it with a screwdriver on the driver side so I can't open the door. The hood opener broke, actually that's it. Almost forgot the air valve on one tire had a leak.

Haven't had the car very long and the jerk who had it before me has repainted the car. It's a real Martini Edition but mine is Porsche silvergrey. I guess that's okay but it will get a respray when I have modified the fenders to GTR.

General Comments:

A bad ass car when you get to know it. Mine is a little faster than standard because of some fiddling with the air and I'm gonna make a engine stabilizer very soon. The GTR kit is coming on in winter, we are gonna do a little lowering very soon and adding 205/55 tires on the stock rims.

That's all you need for a thrill, it's also a lighter car than stock and a cooler interior.

Could be a little faster but I'm gonna get me a 944 soon to so I'll think I change engine in my 924. I'm already on it, my friend got a 3.0 litre in his, it runs like a rocket, he has also added turbos. The car sprints 0-100 kilometers in 3.98 seconds and has a topspeed of 297kmh and 589 horsepower.

Review Date: 14th April, 2000

11th Jan 2002, 21:09

What did you do when you "fiddled with the air"?

26th Oct 2002, 05:45

Well, why would you ruin a Martini edition with changing motor, color, fenders and so on? This is a valuable car in original shape. Get some other ugly 924 cheap to fix up, that is most fun. But like Martini edition. that's a holy one, you got me right? :)