Saturn L100 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission DOHC L4 Automatic
Most recent distance120000 miles
Previous carSaturn LS

Summary:

An affordable everyday sedan with good gas mileage

After 100,000 miles the car squeaks when I apply the brakes, but not when I slow down gradually. I had a dealer check it out, and the brakes have plenty of wear left; they just squeak.

The computer chip quit at 90,000 miles, with a replacement cost of $600.00.

The battery quit at 100,000 miles.

The comfort level is average, but it does have headroom for taller drivers.

General Comments:

This is a roomy and affordable car for everyday driving with good gas mileage for its size -- I average about 25MPG.

The DOHC L4 engine has some better-than-expected power to it.

When I purchased the car new, its price was about $4,000 less than its competitors with similar features. I certainly haven't lost any money on this car.

Review Date: 14th September, 2008

2002 Saturn L100 2.2 from North America

Model year2002
Year of manufacture2002
Previous carVolkswagen Jetta

Summary:

Uncertain

Recall on rear tail light assembly done under warranty.

Stabilizer bars replaced at 30000 miles under warranty.

Just had PCM module replaced $850.00.

Just had Fuel pump replaced $870.00.

General Comments:

I purchased this in Nov. 03 as a GM Executive car, so I was the first real owner of it. I must say that up until now I've had very good luck with it and its reliability. However shelling out almost 2 grand in 2 weeks for repairs may have soured me on the brand, or am I being overly upset, due to the fact that ironically have had 2 major repairs in 2 weeks?

With the high mileage I have now, should I expect these things to go and continue to anticipate major repairs in the near future??

Review Date: 22nd August, 2007

2001 Saturn L100 2.2 from North America

Model year2001
Year of manufacture2000
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

If you like paying the dealer too much to service your car, this is the one for you

I had to take it in @ 20,000 miles to have a leaking steering rack replaced.

Not long after that, my ignition key would not turn. The car was just out of warranty, so I called a locksmith to come and see if they could fix it. The locksmith had no luck, he suggested I take it in to the dealer. I ended up replacing the whole unit.

The factory tires barely lasted past 25,000 miles.

I had to replace the stabilizer links not long after that.

The window crank knobs fell off, the windows rattle.

My recent problem, is that I have a heater leak. I have antifreeze on my passenger floor area. I looked into the problem, I discovered it is the o-ring seal on the tubes that go to the heater core. I checked at my local Saturn dealer for the parts I needed to do the repair. I was told in order to get the o-rings, I needed I had to buy the whole heater core. I personally think that is crazy. Why spend $211.00 when all I need are the o-rings supplied in the kit? My car currently only has 46,000 miles, which is very low miles for a car 6 years old.

General Comments:

I really like the styling, and performance of this car.

The car drives great, I like the fast pick up it has. I get good gas mileage with it. I just wish that Saturn made their cars with a little more attention to the small details.

The car is currently for sale. I do not agree with Saturn policy forcing you to buy parts in a group, instead of the individual part you need.

Review Date: 11th February, 2007

16th May 2010, 08:34

Granted, Saturn should sell, or give, you an O-ring for it without having to buy the whole heater core. But, ya know there are part stores, just for this reason, that have little packages of all size o-rings that will only cost you about 5 bucks.