2001 Seat Ibiza Cupra 20VT 1.8 turbo from UK and Ireland
The bad build quality seriously outweighs any good points
1. Loose front grille.
2. Bulb failure of internal light.
3. White paint on seat belt buckle - waited 4 months for a replacement.
4. Exhaust silencer problems - repairs of this led to further problems where by the exhaust was banging against the body of the car - both problems were still in evidence despite 4 repair attempts.
5. Excessive creaks from the entire dashboard.
6. Defective Traction Control System (TCS) - TCS indicator light did not come on when starting the engine, but comes on if the TCS button is held in. Never felt the TCS system working despite setting off at speed in the wet - the car just spins it's wheels.
Great drivers car, but extremely badly built. I should have smelt a rat when the showroom car that I test drove had faulty windscreen wipers. The car had faults that the dealer failed to fix time and time again and the part supply situation was a joke. Waiting 4 months for a replacement seat belt is unacceptable.
It's a seriously quick car, but the power isn't all that immediate - you have to work the gears to get the most out of the engine. The other main problem with the car however is it's rock like suspension. This would be great on a track, but on Britain's pot-holed roads it soon becomes an irritation. Especially when the car is so badly built that over time it seems to shake itself to bits!
I'd had enough of the car and it's many faults after just 6 months. I then traded it in at a massive loss. Ah well, you win some you lose some...
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 16th June, 2003
I had the same kind of experience with a Seat Leon, bad quality, bad service, bad car.
Sold it after 7 months losing 3000 Pounds in the process, but I'm happy I got rid of it.
Seat? never again!
I aggree... I own a SEAT IBIZA CUPRA 2000 model (With ESP) and the problem I've had six months after I bought up until June 2003 was ESP. I fixed (actually tried to fix it) numerous times and the last time which was June 2003 seemed to be OK,.. but it's only been a month! Other problems were the indicator for the airbags was on for a while, the clutch pumps (both of them) died on my while on a trip, the two 'lamda' sensors had to be changed, the electronic gas (starter) was changed and if I remember well that's mainly it as far as mechanical and electronic problems are concerned. To conclude, the car is ONLY TROUBLE!! VW engine, but SEAT quality once again!!