2003 Subaru Baja V4 from North America

Summary:

Rides like a Boeing 747

Not one thing wrong with this car yet. And hopefully there never will be since it is a Subaru.

General Comments:

This car is so solid it isn't funny. The turning radius is excellent.

Acceleration for the car is real good considering it has only a tiny V4 in it.

It is unstoppable in the snow. Brakes are still good and look new the service man said.

Stylish and unique in every way. That's what I like, it catches eyes and there's not a lot of them around.

Inside the car is great. The leather seats are very comfortable and everything is in reach. The sunroof adds so much to it. The shifting pattern is weird, but I like the old fashion shifting in a row. The electric seats are a bit slow. But for what I paid for the car, approximately $19,750.00, I can't complain at all.

Review Date: 2nd September, 2004

28th Jan 2005, 12:31

That's not a v4 in your baja, it's a boxer 4.

26th Apr 2005, 16:37

I just took ownership of my new 2005 BAJA turbo this Saturday, (with full leather interior).

I can't agree with you more, it rides like a 747, it's a kick in the pants to drive!!

Just buy chance the plate number that was issued with my new starts with 747 and the last three letters are T S A(transportation safety administration), coincidence??? Kind of spooky.

Dan.

19th May 2005, 13:51

You hardly ever seen any Bajas on the road and when you do see one, invariably it is being driven by an old geezer or geezette, not exactly the target market Subaru was aiming for!

4th Sep 2005, 12:56

I have put nearly 14000 miles on my 05 Baja Turbo since February 05, not a rattle no problems at all. I love this car.

27th Apr 2006, 16:42

Gas mileage is killing me with my present 2500HD silverado, and this is a step down for sure, but reliability is paramount. not to mention gas mileage. the Subaru turbo is where I'm headed this weekend to buy, keep writing your comments it will help me decide.

11th Jan 2007, 03:53

I am 21 and own a 2003 Baja with 67,000 miles on it. in the last year I have put 28,000 miles on it. I took it to North Carolina last spring and took it on the beach (stupidly). the clutch was burning and it got so bad I had to stop and let it cool down. when I got back in it drove off the beach no problem. after I took it to a mechanic he told me I should get at-least 20000 more miles. I now am over 20000 and the clutch is still going strong with no other problems and I am planing my next trip to North Carolina with out worry. this is my first Subaru and I am very impressed and pleased with it.

13th Feb 2012, 11:54

Be nice now - just because I bought a used Baja 2003 at age 62, doesn't make me old at heart! I owned a Subaru Brat way back in 1975, and that too was fun.

29th Jul 2013, 21:43

That's the way we feel too! Go 62.