2002 Subaru Forester S 2.5 liter 4-cylinder from North America

Summary:

Close to perfect

The six-disk CD changer would not eject CD after first use. Dealer ordered new one and replaced under warranty. Dealer said they'd seen this problem before.

General Comments:

I became a Subaru buff with the purchase of my 99 Legacy L sedan. Having previously owned Toyotas, I quickly came to appreciate the security and handling of all-wheel-drive.

So when I needed a car with a more flexible interior, I stayed with Subaru and bought the Forester. I've not regretted that decision.

Other than the somewhat higher seating position, you feel like you are driving a car. Unlike the unwieldy, gas-guzzling truck-based SUV, the Forester is a pleasure to drive. It combines comforts such as cruise control and heated seats with mechanical features like the viscous limited-slip differential - all standard equipment on the S model.

I also like the non-Rambo image of the Forester and Subaru's emphasis on respect for the environment.

No car is perfect, but for me, this one comes close.

Review Date: 8th October, 2002

2nd Feb 2004, 15:31

I have just purchased a 03 Forester Turbo, I live in England, Somerset to be exact, in a rural place. I have only owned the car for a few days, but am totally in love with it. It provides good space, and a invigorating driving experience. The quality is very good and it is the only car I have owned that has provision for connecting a towbar to the electrical system as standard. The only criticism I have is the positioning of the radio, down low, and the tiny buttons to control it.

Andy

2002 Subaru Forester 2.0 non turbo from Singapore

Summary:

Great car, crappy agent

The car performs beautifully, road holding is superb. Able to take corners at fairly high speeds without even hearing the tyres screech.

The BIG LET DOWN, was the service from Motor Image Singapore (part of TanChong). After taking your money, all your problems, please refer to the salesman.

Car was delivered with leather seats, but they obviously used the left overs and all the seats had a different shade. Motor Image did not even get any management staff to help, but threw everything to the salesman to do. But unfortunately, the leather shop was really not bothered about entertaining the salesman. Had to personally deal with Motor Image supplier, caused me 3 days, but no results. After more than 1 month, the problem is still not solved.

On top of that, there were lots of broken clips and missing screws, ALL FROM THE LOCALLY INSTALLED EQUIPMENT like IU, AIRCON, SEATS.

IF only parallel imports were able to get this car.

General Comments:

Great car, but destroyed by poor local dealer Motor Image, with poor service and poor workmanship on local kits.

Review Date: 2nd April, 2002

2nd Jan 2003, 09:30

I absolutely agree with the comments on this car agent. Too bad FUJI japan has no clue how bad this agent is. It is almost laughable that they still have the agency after so much bad experiences from the public.