2005 Suzuki Verona Reviews

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 6 cylinder from North America

Most recent year of ownership2012
Engine and transmission 6 cylinder Automatic
Previous carToyota Previa

Summary:

Not worth it

Wiring harness shorts (literally), transmission shifter cable, throttle body, EGR sticking.

General Comments:

Great idea and a fine car if it would have lived up to its promise. The results of a poor mix match of parts, makes the car very unreliable, and very hard to drive.

Review Date: 6th October, 2012

2005 Suzuki Verona EX from North America

First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2012
Previous carDodge Avenger

Summary:

This car will literally kill me

I love the looks of this!

I don't understand the pop holder that is too small to fit anything in it. I'm not used to pushing up on the windshield lever.

As of now, I HATE this car! I'm scared to pull out into traffic; have to leave enough room for me, because never know if it will die, how many times it will take to start up again, or, just hesitate. I've been honked at many times for not going. It's very SCARY. I want it gone, but can't sell it like this. I've brought it in numerous times, to be told it's my O2 sensors, but they can't pinpoint which one; I don't believe that.

My transmission shifts really hard, as in CLUNK, and sometimes won't shift into gear. While at a red light, the RPM will rise really high and THUMP, drops really low, then races up again, and it has felt like while the brakes were on, that the car jumps forward a little; scary!!

General Comments:

Terrible that no one has figured this problem out.

I did read somewhere that cutting a hole in firewall, because there are 2 catalytic converters next to the oil pan, helps

Review Date: 18th September, 2012

19th Sep 2012, 22:05

Get rid of this deathtrap before it kills you!!!

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 3.5 from North America

Previous carPontiac Grand Prix

Summary:

This car is unreliable and not worth having

I have had my Verona for almost 2 years now. During which time I have had it in the shop at an authorized dealer numerous times. All with the following problems..

Stalling out while driving, parked.

While driving the car reduces speed without pressing the brake.

While driving the car speeds up without pressing the accelerator.

The RPM revs up and then decreases suddenly, while driving or even being parked.

I cannot use my A/C or heat because when I do the car will not stay on, it continuously stalls.

When the Verona is put into park, the RPMs go all the way to 5; sounds like the car is going to take off by itself.

While at a stop with my foot on the brake, my car suddenly jerks forward, I have to make sure there is enough space so as to not hit the person in front of me with the jerk.

I am constantly replacing tires.

The airbag lights stay on.

My clock never stays on; if I go over a bump in the road it may or may not come on or off.

The check engine light will be one for a day and go off, or it may stay on for weeks.

The car constantly sputters going down the road.

General Comments:

As you can tell from the above, I am not happy with this car. I am very disappointed that I have to pay a car payment on a vehicle that is so unreliable.

Review Date: 14th July, 2009

18th Nov 2010, 10:35

I have a 2004 Verona that I bought brand new, it now has 92K miles on it.

It has been a great car over the years, but there have been some quirks. I do have to get a new battery every year because the car drains every battery somehow.

My check light engine has been on for more than a year now, but it hasn't affected anything until today. When I got in my car, the engine was revving in park. I thought somehow my floor mat had gotten over my gas pedal and was causing it to do so, but it wasn't. I put the car in reverse and when I got to the end of my community to pull into the road, the RPMs began dropping while I was accelerating. The car continued to rev on and off until I got to the dealership, which was about three miles away from my house.

They just called to say I need a new EGR pipe seal and mass air flow sensor, telling me I could drive the car but to be careful. I was told by Auto Zone that I need a mass air flow sensor, but I am not sure how the broken seal would cause the revving.