2005 Suzuki Verona Reviews - Page 2 of 3

2005 Suzuki Verona from North America

Distance when acquired20000 miles
Most recent distance52000 miles

Summary:

Terrible, stay away

- Has stopped several times

- Engine and tire pressure lights randomly come on

- Engine roars/pulsates

- Had to replace tires because of a sensor

- The car accelerates when my foot is not on the gas.

General Comments:

This car has stopped on several occasions. I was told that there is a problem with the sensor, so I had that replaced... not once but twice. The engine light and the tire pressure light comes on randomly. I am so sick of spending money on a car that cannot get me from point A to point B.

I had to replace all the tires, and the engine roars like a lion.

Review Date: 19th August, 2008

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 2.5 Inline 6 from North America

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 2.5 Inline 6 Don't Know
Previous carSuzuki XL-7

Summary:

This car is the worst car I've ever had... period!!!

When I first bought this car, it seemed like a good buy, but now that I've had it for a while, it's easy to see why Suzuki stopped making them. From Low voltage errors to the false claim that it can do well with the Ethanol fuel, it's been a nightmare that is only getting worse.

The car has very little value so it will take a miracle or something for me to be able to get rid of it. I really wish that Suzuki would by this thing back and let me undo possibly the worst vehicle buy in my life.

The fuel economy on this thing sucks and with four dollar gas, it is only getting worse.

On top of all of that, I find out that the car is really a Daewoo. That is completely unfair, I never would have bought this car, and parted with my XL-7, if I knew this was a Daewoo. I passed on Daewoo on purpose, not really fair to get tricked into buying one.

General Comments:

This car is a shame, I can't believe that Suzuki didn't recall them and get them off the road.

Review Date: 25th June, 2008

2005 Suzuki Verona 6 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 6 cylinder Automatic
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

LEMON

I have had nothing, but problems with this car since I bought it a year ago. New transmission, throttle body replaced twice, numerous sensors replaced, a cylinder head replaced and a flush of the (carbon buildup) system. All this was done about 20,000 miles, under Suzuki manufacturer warranty. Now I am under Toyota platinum warranty where I bought it and I am still having problems. Toyota can't find a problem... the check engine light was on when I arrived and when they check it.. it is off! This is the second time in a month. The car is a lemon!!!I will never buy a Suzuki again! The worst car ever. Lemon Lawyers are no help either! If Suzuki knows this car was a problem that's why they do not make it anymore why don't they recall them? If something happens to me or my children while driving this car look out... lawsuit with a real attorney!!!or maybe FOX NEWS would listen and get me help with this car.

Thanks.

General Comments:

Lemon do not buy!!!

Review Date: 24th January, 2008

11th Feb 2008, 18:24

I have a 2005 Suzuki Verona. it has been nothing but problems. from check engine lite to low tire warnings to seat belt lites to car alarm set off for no reason and now the wipers don't work when I turn them on. ugh!!! the car is a nightmare.

10th Mar 2008, 14:13

Same here, I have had the throttle body replaced a couple times too. I don't have extended warranty, but there was a year warranty on the throttle body. Not so ironically, they fail just after the year has expired. Suzuki should stick to offroad bikes to be sure.

2005 Suzuki Verona S 2.5L from North America

Engine and transmission 2.5L Automatic

Summary:

The Suzuki Verona is a very, very bad buy!

The car has been in the shop 9 times in 7 months of owning the car due to engine stalling and bad idling.

General Comments:

Smooth ride.

Review Date: 3rd January, 2007

6th Jan 2007, 18:02

The Verona is not a Suzuki car. It's not made by Suzuki, it's only sold through Suzuki dealerships in the US because of the Joint Venture between GM and Suzuki and GM purchasing Daewoo motors of Korea. In reality the Verona is a Korean Daewoo. Suzuki is no longer selling that car thru their dealerships precisely because of the problems that those cars have.

Cars that are actually MADE by Suzuki don't have these kinds of problems. They have many fine vehicles that are reliable and get good ratings or "best buy" titles. The Aerio, the new XL-7, the new Vitara, the new SX-7.

16th Aug 2011, 08:59

Yes! When I owned a 2005 Suzuki Verona 6 cyl, the car would not drive on even the lightest of snow cover! The car would literally go from side to side when the smallest amount of pressure was put on the gas pedal! And the car would stall out. After a while it didn't start, so I had the starter replaced to no avail. Tire pressure lights, check engine lights, seat belt and air bag lights would turn on and off constantly. The brakes were fine, but oddly enough the car would creep when in drive or reverse, very scary.

I traded it in for a new Chrysler Sebring, which has been awesome!