1984 Toyota Celica GT 22 r3 from North America

It's is very fast

The only thing I had to do with my Toyota was to overhaul it and change the hoses. This end of the summer I'm going to put a paint job, and put a whole new 22re racing engine in it. It runs really good right now, but all those Honda racers better be ready for a Toyota. I'm also putting a (Sony Xplod sound system in it and put seats from a 1985 Toyota Supra. I should have everything done in December for my birthday which is coming up because I'm turning 16 and going to have my license.

General Comments:

All honda racers better watch out for this car!!!

Review Date: 21st June, 2002

1984 Toyota Celica GT-s 2.4 liter 22re-c from North America

I am 18 years old and I love this car

The engine is missing.

The timing is off.

Oil is getting to the spark plugs. It's a blown seal or problem valve.

Rust is a big problem.

General Comments:

Even with all these problems the car still goes over 100 hundred miles an hour. It corners like a dream. This car will spin its tires through 3rd gear. I have beat this car into the ground and it still starts up every morning. I plan to do some major work over spring break on this baby and when I'm finished well just a word of warning to all you Honda owners, I will be waiting for you hehe.

Review Date: 9th April, 2002

7th May 2003, 13:04

Dude, there is no way your 84 Celica will beat my Honda Accord. I have a VTEC motor, 5 speed with a full Apex-i exhaust, DC sport header, AEM cold air intake, 9mm Denzo spark plugs/wires, high-flow Ractive cat, AEM cam gears/AEM pulleys, new AEM fuel rail/injectors with a 75 shot of Zex nitrous. I live in Virgina. If you EVER EVER want to race me, I will put 1,000 dollars down.

PEACE, Jordan.

1984 Toyota Celica GT 2.4L from North America

A great first impression to the world of automobiles

Nothing has gone wrong... yet, it needed a tune up, and a new exhaust when I bought it for 200.

General Comments:

It handles good.

It moves pretty quick.

It's reliable.

It's very comfortable.

I love it!

Review Date: 29th January, 2002

31st Jan 2002, 08:21

Adverbs man! Not "It handles good", when we speak english we say "It handles *well*"

11th Apr 2007, 18:14

Grammar? Who cares? Good, well, same thing, you now what he/she is saying so quit nit picking.

15th May 2007, 21:18

Not 'now', the correct word is 'know'.

1984 Toyota Celica GT 2.4 Liter from North America

An inexpensive classic?

One of the springs on the still original clutch popped off. It could have simply been put back on, but I decided to go for a Sachs.

The exhaust rusted out at the catalytic converter and the downpipe. There was also a rust hole that showed up 1 inch before the muffler. The repair costs to date were $600.

Yes, the wheel wells are very rusty.

Also, the right rocker panel is rusty, but these are things that can be fixed easily.

General Comments:

This car is awesome, though I wish I had the GTS. The engine is bulletproof. Trust me, my friends and I have tried, it just won't die.

I would rather have the GTS seats, but even the GT seats are great. The back seats are a bit tiny, but then again this is no family sedan. The trunk is pretty big. I have the coupe. All in all, a great, inexpensive, fun car.

Review Date: 29th August, 2001