2007 Toyota Fortuner G 4x2 2.7 Gasoline from Indonesia

Summary:

A blunt instrument for the daily grind

Nothing major, high beams were slightly off-centre, driver's side power window starting to show some hesitation, squeaky rear brakes, all repaired and / or replaced at no cost by dealer.

Oh and a wacky name for an SUV...

General Comments:

This SUV has serious road presence and looks bigger than it really is, due to its high ride height, tall bonnet and wrap-around rear window.

Ride is stiff especially over corrugations, but smooth-road ride and balance are surprisingly good for a ladder-framed SUV.

Rear drum brakes are a major turn-off, though. The lack of an intermittent rear wiper (rear wiper is either on or off) is also a nuisance.

2.7 inline 4 engine is okay, good torque but does not like high revs. The transmission is also average, 4-speed auto with no tiptronic. Does the job, but with little excitement.

The thing feels very solid and could take quite a beating (it should be, being based on a Hilux). Goes over potholes and speed humps very well too.

Hats off to the Toyota dealer for their service: prompt, reasonably priced, they also offer on-site service.

Review Date: 6th June, 2008

8th Jun 2008, 07:18

I have a 2.7 fortuner 2007, 4x4, 17 000 km and no problems at all. I love the car. Solid as a tank.

9th Aug 2008, 19:09

I had have 2.5G Fortuner 2008 but I need to add accessories, could you show me that one in pictures please.

Thank You.

Regards,

AHS-SRG.

27th Nov 2008, 16:58

I own a 4.0 V6 4x4 model and it's an exceptional vehicle. No problems what so ever. Gives about 9 km/ litres and accelerates from 0 - 100 in about 9 seconds. Engine is responsive at all speeds and is very very quite. At times I have to Rev it on signals just to be sure the engine is still running. Extremely stable on road and wet conditions. Braking is not its best feature but with good ABS and balance, it covers up. Rides more like a sedan rather then an SUV.

24th Feb 2010, 13:54

I own a 2009 Toyota Fortuner 2.7.

Pros : Reliability, high ride, comfortable sitting, visibility all around, look, smooth riding on straight roads, gear smooth changing.

Cons : Rear wiper - no intermittent program. Suspensions rough, shaking the car strongly on bumpers. Third row seats very low for feet, not for adults at all. No electronic climate control.

4th Apr 2010, 07:50

I rode in my cousin's Fortuner for a long trip, and it's not comfortable. My cousin also says that. Why do people like the Fortuner?

15th Sep 2010, 23:55

Let me tell you that it's the only car whose presence is felt strongly on road...

I took Fortuner for a long drive, it does not have great interiors and is not comfy..

Rear drum brakes are a nightmare..

Rest is all good...

4th Apr 2011, 09:27

Because it's Toyota. :)

5th Sep 2012, 13:18

Commenting on my previous comment: I still have the same opinion, as solid as tank. Now after 100 000 Km, not a single problem, keeping in mind that I often go off-road.