2006 Toyota Highlander Reviews

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid V6 from North America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission V6 Automatic

Summary:

It's OK

For the last year I've noticed the car buckling, or stuttering when going downhill on rather intense grades. I live in Portland, Oregon and do a fair amount of uphill and downhill driving. When braking going downhill, the car stutters or slightly buckles. I brought this up with the dealer at my last oil change, about 3K miles ago. He said he checked the database but found no reports on this item. Comments at this site indicate the Highlander braking system may be deficient. I have not been contacted for a recall.

Does anyone have any advice about the issue I described?

Thanks.

General Comments:

Other than this item, I don't have any complaints with the car. It gets me where I need to go between 23-29mpg, depending on what I am hauling, my speed, etc. This bucking is disturbing and does not seem normal for a relatively new car with low miles.

Review Date: 28th September, 2008

23rd Jun 2011, 15:06

I just love my Highlander. Even my wife who did not want me to buy it now prefers it. I am surprised you get your oil changed at a dealership. I head back there only for recalls.

24th Jun 2011, 18:18

You must go to the dealer quite often if you go for recalls.

2006 Toyota Highlander 4WD ??? from North America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission ??? Automatic
Previous carToyota Highlander

Summary:

Great car, no regrets!

Not a damn thing wrong, great car!!

General Comments:

This is a wonderfull car. In the first two months with our previous car (ford explorer) it was in the shop 3 times. This car hasn't seen the inside of a shop. Rides great, runs great. Good family car. Made mainly for a woman.

Review Date: 3rd May, 2006