1993 Toyota Mark II Tourer V 2.5L Twin turbo from Japan

Summary:

In one sentence, if you see one of these and you like fast sleeper cars, buy it quick!

The only thing that has gone wrong with this car so far, is an exhaust leak (at the front of the car) due to rusty bolts. But really this is an amazing car, especially for the price.

General Comments:

The interior of this car is nothing special by any means. This is probably the worst thing about this car.

On the outside the car looks great; sort of a family car almost, which makes this car ideal for people like me who love sleeper cars.

This Mark II is unbelievably fast. Never would have thought I would be in a four door sedan holding on for dear life with my head stuck to the seat.

It is also easily upgradeable; with the few upgrades I have done (ie: exhaust, pipes, intercooler, and tires) 350hp is easily obtainable.

Review Date: 3rd November, 2008

2004 Toyota Mark II Grande 3.0 from Trinidad and Tobago

Summary:

The car is wonderful

Brakes haves been making a knocking sound when pumped.

Rear windshield has been broken and I cannot find a replacement.

General Comments:

It work like a dream. But since the rear windshield has been broken, I have not driven the car since then. I have been trying to get the windshield for about six months, but it was no use. The company does not stock it, and when I ordered it in, they misplaced it and they told me because of high risks, they cannot bring it in for me.

Can anyone help me to locate a windshield for my car I am in need . Please assist me in any way. You can email me at grbautoimports@gmail.com with any information.

Thank you.

Review Date: 2nd August, 2008

9th May 2012, 14:36

Hi All.

I recently bought a 2002 2L engine Mark II, which gives me 7-8km per lt driving in traffic.

I have always wanted to know what would be the correct consumption, because I think it consumes a little too much.

My next question is what would be the recommended tyre size? I currently have 205 16515.

Anyone of you who can also send me a manual, please do: alphredd2002@yahoo.com (English Version)

Regards.

1997 Toyota Mark II GLX 2.5L gasoline from Suriname

Summary:

Marvelous

The headlamps are not bright enough. I have had to change the bulbs. Very weak light.

General Comments:

Very good car.

Review Date: 18th May, 2006

11th Sep 2006, 01:32

"SERGIO"

Hi, I have MARK II, JZX 100 Automatic, 1996, I Lost the Catalogue of that car, Please if you can help me sending me if you have.

2003 Toyota Mark II Toyota Grande 2.0 from Singapore

As this is a new Car bought on 14/12/04, nothing have gone wrong so far.

General Comments:

This is a parallel import car from Japan which makes it a JDM in Singapore.

This car comes with a 2.0 liter I6 DOHC 24V VVT-I Toyota engine which is the same as the Lexus IS200 engine i. e 1G FE BEAMS 2000 engine. Engine rates at 160ps @6200rpm with torque of 20.4kg/m @ 4400 rpm.

The auto transmission is very smooth with good power delivery across the rpm range.

Given the strong reputation on reliability from Toyota, am looking forward to some some trouble free years of driving pleasure.

Would appreciate it if anyone who has bought this model could please provide me with more information eg. 0-60 timing etc.. noting that the given description is in Japanese.

Review Date: 15th December, 2004

15th Sep 2005, 04:57

I agree the MARK II Grande is a great buy. I just bought the exact car as yours only 2 weeks back. I haven't tried the 0-60 myself, but I have read on some sites that state the 0-60 is approx 8.8 seconds, not sure though.

One problem that I am facing with the car is its screen display is in Japanese and I can't read any thing on it except the a/c control. Is there anyone who can guide me on how to convert the Japanese software with English?

1993 Toyota Mark II Suffire 2.4 turbo diesel from Uganda

Summary:

Everything I'd hoped for in a first car

Front right ball socket failure (wheel came right off) -fortunately I was creeping thru the suburbs at that point.

The light brown seat upholstery beginning to show a bit of its 11 years!

The hydraulic struts that hold the bonnet and boot have almost run out (minor niggle really)

General Comments:

It's refined enough for a diesel, frugal and has loads of power in the mid-range.

Very relaxed power delivery (100kph @ 2200 rpm)

The cavalry really comes charging in @ 3000 rpm

Hardly looks the 11 years/210K kms it actually is.

Its my first car and has been very kind to me (& my bank account) thus far.

Review Date: 29th November, 2004