1993 Toyota Paseo Reviews - Page 3 of 3

1993 Toyota Paseo 1.5 from North America

First year of ownership1996
Most recent year of ownership1999
Previous carToyota Corolla

Summary:

Tons of fun to drive

The turn signal arm malfunctioned and every time I put on my signal the high beams would flash. Aside from this odd problem the car was flawless.

The synchro gears were not as slick as most other Toyota vehicles, but at least shifts were precise.

General Comments:

This car sticks to the road like glue and was an absolute blast to drive although the engine could have used a little more horsepower.

You know you're getting small car when you buy this, but interior space is cramped.

Review Date: 18th November, 2003

30th Sep 2004, 09:59

My 1993 Toyota Paseo has the exact same problems.I'm wondering if anyone has a quick fix to the signal light problem and if changing the transmission fluid would alleviate the rough synchro?

1993 Toyota Paseo from North America

Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carChevrolet Nova

Summary:

Despite a few problems, still a good car

I had to have the engine replaced at 120,000 miles. I am not sure how the previous owner drove the vehicle, but apparently my regular oil changes were not enough to sustain the engine. I took the car in to investigate a knocking noise only to discover that all the bearings were shot and the engine needed to be replaced. So, I replaced the engine, but now, two months later, am having yet another engine put in, again for problems with the oil system.

The car is also getting a new radiator because the old one was missing fan blades completely.

General Comments:

Despite my misfortunes with my Toyota, this car is still a sentimental favorite for me. The interior is still perfect, the dash looks like it's brand new, and I am impressed by the gas mileage every time I drive the car on a long trip.

Review Date: 25th June, 2003

1993 Toyota Paseo from North America

First year of ownership1993
Previous carMercury Tracer

Summary:

A diamond in the rough.

Nothing has ever gone wrong with this car.

General Comments:

As the original owner of this car I wish I could keep it forever.

At 73,300 miles I have only had to replace tires twice. Eagle GT tires ps185/14 seem to be fine for this car. The handling has never been a problem and I live in Chicago's worst snowstorms without ever getting stuck. Cornering is a dream, with a very tight steering radius.

The car's body seems to handle the salt and heat without a problem.

Inside comfort is fine for me, but I am only 5'1 tall. A little wear on the driver's seat, facing the door, probably due to getting in the car.

As long as you get regular service checks and don't neglect the maintenance it should last a very long time.

The four cylinder gets great gas mileage, but I wish it had a little more power, especially for driving in the mountains with the air conditioner on.

This car is a keeper.

Review Date: 12th April, 2003

4th May 2006, 19:39

I like your review, but I wish you would have mentioned what kind of gas mileage you get.

5th May 2006, 14:57

One of my roomies in college drove this car for 8 years, and it was virtually indestructible.

18th Sep 2006, 10:58

I'm living in Alberta, gets down to -40 degrees here. My car 93 does awesome. And as for the mileage. My paseo can get between 36 & 40 mpg on the highway... never tested it in the city. And it also is big enough for my 6'2 frame, no problem.

18th Sep 2006, 10:59

206, 000 MILES and still goin strong!

28th Jul 2010, 19:45

A nice, sporty, reliable vehicle so far with over 193,000 miles on it. It burns a little oil, but still runs like a top. The air conditioning has long died, but I still get 40 MPG plus on it on the highway and have been putting 20,000 miles on it a year. I am hoping to get another 6 months to a year on it.

1993 Toyota Paseo 1.6 16v from Brazil