1993 Toyota Pickup 2.4L from North America

The most reliable and sporty truck out there

The truck has been basically faultless.

The seatbelts don't retracted as well as I would like them to.

General Comments:

My truck has been one of the most reliable means of transportation that any of my family members has ever had.

Toyota has never steered me wrong and I don't feel that they will in the future.

The engine is strong and can have some real quicks off the line.

I have made mine into more of a sports truck, but it is no stranger to doing work. It has had tons of weight on it and didn't have any trouble hauling it.

The seat could use a consul, but that is the only problem that I think Toyota made in making this vehicle.

Review Date: 3rd March, 2003

1993 Toyota Pickup Std pickup 2.4L from North America

Very reliable, and inexpensive to operate

Seat belt return weak-since new

Radiator-100,000 miles

Thermostat--116,000 miles.

General Comments:

Not all that much power, but overall an inexpensive vehicle to own. Easy to maintain. Would buy another Toyota especially if they had a big (non-Lexus) sedan.

Review Date: 19th December, 2002

1993 Toyota Pickup 2.4, 22RE from North America

It's OK until things start breaking and then it's a cascade reaction with no end in sight

Truck had a low idle problem soon after purchase. Dealer could not fix it, or would not.

Radiator top tank started leaking at only 50,000 miles. I had to have the radiator rebuilt. I change my coolant often and this still happened to me.

Recently the idle has become very rough and the engine takes a few cranks to start sometimes. Power is way down, too. I have tuned it up and replaced the O2 sensors to no avail. I have maintained this truck very well.

Head developed a pinhole in the exhaust port at 70,000 miles that squirted coolant onto the exhaust valve causing huge plumes of white smoke to below out the exhaust. Dealer said it was the head gasket at first. They replaced it and the problem persisted. I took it back and they welded up the head and replaced the head gasket again for no additional charge. I had to threaten them, though. They should have caught the hole in the first place. They obviously did not pressure check the head or inspect it well.

Engine now runs hot and is always close to the red zone on the coolant temp gauge. Has not gone into the red, yet.

Shocks are now junk (leaking), but they are original with 81,000 miles on them.

Heater fan works intermittently.

Lots of rattles and shakes. Rear suspension squeaks when going over any bumps. Can hear lots of wind noise at speed. Feels and sounds like a covered wagon. I never have taken it off road or abused it. It's just for transportation to work.

I must be the un-luckiest Toyota truck owner out there.

General Comments:

I will never again buy a Toyota truck. Everyone says they run forever. This is only true if you repair it every time it breaks. I think they are more hype than reality. The service from their dealers is also not very good anymore.

Review Date: 14th May, 2002

9th Nov 2004, 14:02

I have a Toyota and I know many people that own them with over 100000 miles on them, and they have never had such problems. You probably were driving it just a little too hard off-road and on-road.

5th Sep 2006, 14:57

I recently bought a 1993 toyota truck with 144,000 and with in 3 months it needed new fuel injectors water pump and then it needed a new engine which is a swift kick in the... I would never tell any one I know to even consider buying a toyota what a horrible hunk of junk.

1993 Toyota Pickup DX 3.0 V6 from North America

A very good buy on my part

The cigarette lighter doesn't work.

There is a hole that was worn through on the seat where you get in and out.

General Comments:

This is an awesome truck. It has 209000 miles on it and you can't even tell.

This truck has more power than I ever thought it would.

Review Date: 11th April, 2002