2008 Toyota Sienna XLE from North America

Summary:

Bar-None, the best van we have owned

I will be replacing the lower ball joints this weekend. Other than that, it's been trouble free.

General Comments:

The one issue which really isn't important, is the exhaust noise when the engine is cold on start up. It sounds like a diesel, but quiets down once it is warm.

For the size of this vehicle, it gets excellent gas mileage. We average 22 city and 24 highway. The engine performs fantastically and has incredible torque and power. You would think it is a V8. Smooth and strong throughout the RPM range.

These Siennas are very roomy and great for long distance traveling.

I use synthetic oil and added a transmission cooler at 60,000. I would suggest you add a cooler to yours.

The transmission shifted poorly at 60,000 miles, but a good fluid flush and transmission cooler fixed that problem. Toyota claims WS trans fluid never needs changing. Don't believe them. Newer models don't have a drain plug, but 2008 and older models do.

I was worried that we would have terrible tire wear, but our tires are still good 35,000 miles later. It must have been an AWD issue.

If you are interested in a transmission cooler, you can see my install here:

Review Date: 28th March, 2014

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 3.5 from Lithuania

Summary:

Highly recommended

Trouble free.

General Comments:

The most comfortable, versatile vehicle I have owned.

The "Limited" is loaded with options. JBL Synthesis stereo leaves little to be desired.

Heat reflecting glass - a must option.

Great turning radius.

Engine is like F1; burns tires easily.

Automatic climate control is the only problematic item, it does whatever it wants, not you.

Noticed, that on colder days (below 15C) it gets worse gas mileage. Replacing the thermostat did not solve the issue. When warm at 100km/h, sometimes get 7.8 L/100km.

Comparing to my BMW 330, whose craftsmanship is top notch, the Sienna sports a lesser quality interior. I had to smooth out stitches on the leather steering wheel, as they were cutting into the fingers.

Otherwise, the Sienna is awesome.

Review Date: 29th March, 2011

30th Sep 2013, 15:25

4 years and 45,000 miles later:

Rear brake caliper was jamming due to rust buildup in the cylinder - bought an OEM repair kit; reassembly and cleaning was required.

Front oxygen sensor died - sourced as original from Denso, but updated part number. It's half the Toyota's 300 Eur price.

Automatic sliding door cables jammed. Gave up trying to repair it. Cut the cables, and the doors are now manual. It seems that all Siennas have the same door cable problem.

Still enjoying it.

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE FWD 3.5V6 from North America

Summary:

Great family and kiddie taxi!!

Was recently inspected, and trouble free.

General Comments:

Oh my gosh. Where do we begin with saying about this vehicle? Compared to our troublesome 2004 Chevrolet Venture that we had, this Sienna is fabulous!! Our Sienna is silver shadow with grey leather interior.

When we bought it back in April of 2008, we were ever so glad to drive something so safe for our kids. The interior of this Sienna is remarkable!! Every surface that you touch has that upscale quality feel to it that you would expect from Toyota. The seats are so comfortable. Ours has the sunroof and entertainment system in it. The cargo area is tremendous!! It puts our Venture to shame!

This Sienna rides absolutely beautifully on the highway. And it is pretty quiet, too. It is very quick as well. Sometimes it does not feel like it is going as fast as you think it is.

We do have to say this about this vehicle. We absolutely adore it!! Our 3 kids absolutely love it, too, and so does our 5 year old beagle. A few our neighbors also have one of these, and they love theirs as well.

We strongly recommend this vehicle!! If you are looking for a safe, quick, very reliable, and long lasting minivan, you truly have to take a look at one of these. They are great family minivans, great kiddie minivans. Perfect for family road trips, too.

We love it to death!!