Toyota T100 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Model year1996
Year of manufacture1996
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 3.4 V6 Manual

Summary:

Sick as hell

Seat rip on driver's side by the seam.

Spark plug shot out of the engine once.

My biggest issue has been the gas tank, and from what I've learned and heard, it is a very common problem, so before you buy T100; check the tank. I have looked at every scrap yard in New England, and nobody has one, and there are no aftermarket direct fit tanks (you would need to get universal one and fab something up). I used a sealer from KBS coatings and it's still working. We will see if it makes it through the winter.

General Comments:

I like the car; it looks awesome, is quiet, handles well, and although it's not the fastest, the gear ratios make it very usable.

If you're looking at one, check the tank and buy it.

Review Date: 12th July, 2010

1995 Toyota T100 SR5 3.4L V6 from North America

Model year1995
Year of manufacture1994
First year of ownership1995
Engine and transmission 3.4L V6 Manual
Previous carToyota Tacoma

Summary:

Slightly underpowered, but still a sterling example of Toyota quality

Early after purchasing the truck, I began to have rear brake problems. Truck would warp rear drums within 500 miles. Dealer replaced rear hubs and problem was solved.

General Comments:

This is my second Toyota truck in 25 years. I hated getting rid of the first one, a 1982 FWD. I still see it occasionally on the road. I love my 1995 Extended Cab T100 truck; paint, engine, performance nearly as good now as when new. I'll keep this one another 10 yrs or so or 300k miles. I might get tired of it by then.

Review Date: 20th May, 2008

1996 Toyota T100 Extra Cab 3.4L V6 from North America

Model year1996
Year of manufacture1996
Engine and transmission 3.4L V6 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet C10

Summary:

This will be my last truck purchased

Absolutely nothing in the eleven years of ownership. Replaced battery once, tires once, front brakes pads once. Just the normal maintenance has been required.

General Comments:

It performs outstanding when hauling, towing and everyday transportation.

Review Date: 25th August, 2007

3rd Feb 2012, 15:10

This is additional info on my previous review.

It is now February 2012, and my T100 has 75,462 miles, and has been excellent. The only problem has been the paint on the roof and hood. The clear coat was looking very bad, so I took it to a body shop. The man said they could match and repaint the roof and hood, and nobody would be able to detect, so I agreed. He did a perfect job, and now I'm sure my truck will last another 75k miles and 16 years with no mechanical problems, just regular maintenance...

1991 Toyota T100 3.0 from North America

Model year1991
Year of manufacture1991
First year of ownership1999
Previous carToyota Tacoma

Summary:

Its been a fairly OK truck, not to good not too bad

Clutch slips badly when going up hills, sometimes I can barely make it up a VERY steep hill. this makes pulling my boat now useless, especially out of the water at a boat launch.

Headliner is down.

Suspension creaks and groans over large bumps, i.e. speed bumps, rocks, etc.

Original radio shorted out, it was the tone button, making it blurry and you would have to beat the dash to make it work. have replaced it with a nice sony, but the original speakers can't keep up with it.

Head gasket not long back.

The rear quarter panel has been rusting near the inner wheel well since I got it from my mother.

Other than that, nothing.

General Comments:

It was my mom's truck, whom insisted she have a truck, then never really used it. its been fairly reliable. the only problem with it that left us stranded was the head gasket, with my bed full of yard debris and the sight didn't look good. it goes fairly well, with no load. when I'm towing my boat it does it fine, but I could feel the engine really struggling. it towes well up untill I get to a hill, then the clutch just lets go. It's a great off-road truck, can't get it stuck. the 4x4 in this thing is amazing. 4-low jsut goes and goes, and its impossible to kill the engine. The interior is horridly uncomfortable. The bench seat is by far the most uncomfortable my behind has ever experienced. And a vinyl roof liner? I don't like how tight the gears are in this thing, its easy to shift into the wrong gear. DANGERIOUSLEY easy, as I have done it many times, and every single person that has drivin it has. this probably contributed to the clutch starting to go. one weird thing about this truck though, is that I can launch it at full throttle, and the clutch doesn't slip, but once I get ton that hill over yonder, oh boy. overall it's a pretty good little truck. not the most comfortable of things, but it will get done what it needs to get done.

Review Date: 13th February, 2007