1992 Toyota Tercel DX 1.5 petrolium from North America
This car is economically fun
- The radiator (150000KM)
- Constant velocity joints were clicking a little so I replaced them (160000KM)
- Clutch master piston (Hydraulic clutch) 140000KM
- Fuel line leaked, but wasn't rusty (145000KM)
- Head gasket needed replacing, simply two bolts (165000KM)
- Starter needed replacing (170000KM)
I love this car; it is awesome to drive and is very reliable. It is surprisingly fast for 1.5L. It is a taut car that has never needed any major work yet, and it doesn't burn oil.
It is loud at high speeds, and at 150km/h it gets some speed wobble. I only have regular tires rated at 110km (they're tiny).
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 1st November, 2004
1st Nov 2004, 22:32
With a manual they are peppy enough at low speeds. My friend had a '92 tercel 5 speed, and 0-60km/h it would be side-by-side with my '92 automatic Mazda Protege, although I'd pull away noticeably over 60km/h.
I am surprised you got it up to 150 though. lol. They don't have much punch from 3rd gear onward. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the tire ratings. I've been up to 190km/h on 120km/h rated tires, although I certainly don't recommend that :)