Toyota Venza Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission V6 Automatic

Summary:

This car only has the good looks, but not quality

After 2 weeks of purchase, a mouse went into the engine compartment and chewed some wires, causing the engine light to come on (the cables are eco friendly and easy to recycle; that is why if exposed, they attract mice).

Dealer told me 2000$ for a new harness, and it's not under warranty. I fixed the cable myself.

Noticed some paint under the hood was peeled off, and it came to my attention that there is no under coating whatsoever, so I decided spend 1300 for RUST and paint protection.

Recently after 5 months driving, I noticed very tiny rust spots all around the doors. It is very disappointing. I took many photos of those rusty tiny spots. This means next year these rust spots will develop under the paint, and within 2 or 3 years, you can have a 3 year old car with the look of a 15 year old car.

The car, at 2100 to 2500 RPM, creates some kind of low pitch sound, which if you travel on a quiet highway and want to have a quiet ride, you can be annoyed.

General Comments:

Very disappointed with this Venza. I will sell this Venza soon, otherwise after 1 or 2 years, when the rust is all over the car, I won't have any value in this car.

I believe the Toyota cars manufactured in North America are not controlled very well by their Japanese ownership.

So when you purchase a Toyota car, make sure it is made in Japan!!!

I didn't enjoy the ride. The only comfort is the vehicle is wide and curvy inside, and gives you safe travel.

During winter, salty splashes can easily enter under the hood, and spread all around the engine and other parts.

I power washed under the hood few days ago, but there are still signs of salt that cannot be removed very well.

Review Date: 9th May, 2011

9th May 2011, 09:06

In 5 months rust starts showing up? I think Toyota just revived the Lancia Beta!

Either way, I'm sorry to hear about these silly troubles with your new car; for the $2000 they were going to charge you, you couldn't just have gotten a whole other, less-rusty car.

9th May 2011, 14:49

It is indeed unfortunate that your 2011 has already started rusting, but shouldn't this be covered by Toyota's anti corrosion warranty (normally it is a 5 year, unlimited Kms warranty, but I could be wrong).

As for the Mouse in your hood, unfortunate events happen to everyone, and it's shame that a rodent cost you money, but I wouldn't expect Toyota to pay for this odd occurrence, since it is not a manufacturers defect (although one could that it is a designing defect that the mouse was able to get in, but I do believe that If a rodent seeks warmth, it will find an opening either underneath the hood, or through the fender wells (there are holes everywhere).

As for your disappointment in the performance and overall handling of the vehicle, you failed to mention which powertrain you chose (2.7L 4 cyl. or the 3.5 V6); these could have an impact in the performance of a vehicle that you may not have noticed during test drive. I hope that your opinion of Toyota or the Venza name brand hasn't been polluted by your unfortunate experience.

And in case you are wondering, I am not a Venza, or Toyota owner (nor have I been), and I am just an automotive enthusiast, just expressing my friendly opinion.

2010 Toyota Venza V6 from North America

Model year2010
Year of manufacture2009
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

I'm very satisfied with the Venza

Gasoline backflows if you do not stop the pump before it fills completely.

If you use the mobility assistance program, beware. We did everything they said to do, and used a company from their website that was authorized to install the equipment. Toyota denied reimbursement, even though we did everything right.

General Comments:

The car is everything I expected; however my experience dealing with Toyota concerning the mobility assistance program was quite unsatisfactory.

Review Date: 21st August, 2010

2010 Toyota Venza AWD 2.7L 4 cylinder from North America

Model year2010
Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 2.7L 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carJeep Grand Cherokee

Summary:

The perfect "Ski Machine"

Nothing to date. I have had the car for 1 week.

General Comments:

I was looking to upgrade from my beat-up '96 GC ski machine to something new and reliable. I was initially looking at the FJ Cruiser or 4-Runner, but the sales guy suggested I take a look at the AWD Venza.

This car is awesome inside and out (IMO). The interior room is unreal. I am 6'4" and I can fit a total of 4 of the same stature in this rig and no one feels cramped.

The storage room in the hatch is large, and it fits 4 golf bags no problem with room to spare.

I would suggest the V6, because the 4 cyl struggles to keep up with this 2 ton machine.

I cannot wait for ski season to try the AWD out.

Review Date: 21st May, 2010