2008 Toyota VIOS Reviews

2008 Toyota VIOS from Indonesia

Engine and transmission Manual
Most recent distance12000 kilometres
Previous carMitsubishi L200

Summary:

A transportation car, do not expect too much

Paint scratches, minor, bumped a motorcycle.

Nothing else.

General Comments:

My main complaints are the stability and car aerodynamics. The engine is powerful enough, yet the suspension can not compensate the body roll. Very hard to take bumpy roads, especially on winding roads, extremely hard to take full control. Stability is the main issue.

The control panel, placed in centre of dashboard might be intriguing, but is not very effective.

Anyway, as transportation from A to B, this car might be very handy, especially in the jammed traffic of Jakarta. Amazing mpg also.

Interior is a bit too much of plastic look, not so comfortable seating, very small legroom for rear passengers and some of the upholstery is easily worn out. But all is minor.

And I am only doing scheduled maintenance as directed, no plans to improve it.

Review Date: 28th August, 2009

2008 Toyota VIOS G 1.5 from Philippines

Previous carToyota Pickup

Summary:

Best value for your money on my mini Camry !

Two thumbs up for the Toyota Vios! G 1.5.

Here's our itinerary: Quezon City Psp1, 100, Go to Manoag, La Union, Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte. Off to Baguio. We drove it to Ilocos Norte until Pagudpod. Can you imagine my gas is only Psp 1,900. with aircon (of course) and some speed thrills along the way... hehehe..

It's a comfortable ride and the agility is a plus when driving long hours 16 1/2 hours to be exact. But with some stretching and snacks along the way, it makes the trip easy and fun.

I must say it's a car worth having for a long long time...

General Comments:

Nice car, like a mini Camry, yet stable and fast.

Build quality is OK.

Good audio sound.

Review Date: 23rd April, 2009

2008 Toyota VIOS 1.3E 1.3 from Philippines

Previous carToyota Corolla

Summary:

It's value for money, you get what you pay for

1. There are lots of rattles/vibrations/strange noises coming from the side doors, and inside and outside of the dashboard.

The Toyota technician tried to put some tape on some accessible vibrating spots, but failed to put a stop to the others.

He even told me jokingly to just increase the volume of the radio to dampen the "sound effects."

To make life easier for me, I just decided to accept these noises as lessons to be learned when buying my next car.

2. Disappointing fuel economy. I only get an average of 12km to 1 liter. But, it's not that bad.

3. I can't see the front tip of the car. It's a problem when parking.

General Comments:

1. The car's design is gorgeous; it's eye candy.

2. The car's engine sounds like a silent jet engine as it accelerates, which I consider cool!

3. Comfortable ride.

4. Spacious cabin.

5. Good air con.

6. Comfortable seats.

Review Date: 25th March, 2009

30th Mar 2009, 08:54

If your car is manufactured in Philippines the quality will be "bad" or "poor". Trust me, I preferred Vios that is manufactured in Thailand or Indonesia.

8th Apr 2009, 14:51

I just bought a brand new Toyota Vios, that on Sunday am caught on fire because of faulty wiring. What the hell, the car was just two days old!

I got no compensation from the screwed up management, and so I just demanded for a refund. On Monday as soon as office resumes, I'll purchase a Honda City instead. I'll post pics of the screwed up unit.