2016 Toyota VIOS G 1.5 gasoline from Philippines

Nice to drive, fuel-efficient, and pretty comfortable

This car does not have speed sensing door locks and back up sensors. I thought they existed on all cars regardless of class since the early/mid-2000s.

Apparently, the car does not have a temperature gauge. Weird.

Adjusting the seats can be complicated.

General Comments:

At first, we were thinking of buying either a Toyota Prado, Ford Explorer, or a Mazda CX-5 as a replacement for our 2004 Dodge Durango which we sold 2 years ago. Although since we decided to get something that is cheap to run and maintain, and that we will be getting a brand new Toyota Fortuner next year, we just decided to get Vios. We bought it last July 30.

We got the top of the line model mated with a 1.5 engine and a 7-speed automatic transmission. Even though the body is quite heavy, the car still has a good pick up and runs fast. Haven't tried it on the expressway though. Hoping to take it to Pampanga, Tagaytay, and Enchanted Kingdom one time.

Fuel efficiency is very good. Everyday city driving would give me usually 8-9 km/L, while on Sundays, most especially in EDSA or C-5, the car would usually get around 16-18 km/L. I heard that this top of the line model has better fuel efficiency than the E and lower models.

Comfort is pretty good, although I would bump myself all the time (My height is 6'1"). Despite that, it is still comfortable and legroom at the back is surprisingly spacious for a small car. The legroom of this Vios is even better than our old Mitsubishi Galant '99 model which we had for 13 years (1999-2012). Aircon is also very good.

The thing that I truly appreciate most here in this car is its radio/entertainment system. It is touch screen so it's easy to use and very convenient. Most of the time, I plug my iPad, where my playlists are, and I don't touch it since the list of songs appears on the screen. Both sides have vanity mirrors unlike the previous generations.

Even though the car lacks other features mentioned above and others like push start ignition and leather seats (these ones are found in its competitors like the City and the Mirage G4) the Vios is a very good car and gives you value for money. It's actually nice taking the Vios to a 5-star hotel, an upscale shopping mall, or just driving it around a posh subdivision/gated community.

Review Date: 6th October, 2016