2001 Toyota Yaris Linea Terra 1.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Amazing, just amazing

Nothing. In 8 years the car is perfect.

General Comments:

This car is stunning.

Not quick, but holds the road as well as anything I've driven, and despite the height of it, it doesn't roll in the corners.

Other than the obvious tyres and filters, I've not replaced a part on it.

Review Date: 1st June, 2009

3rd Jun 2009, 03:28

My entire family have Yaris' and they're ultra reliable. I still won't be swapping my Focus though.

9th Jun 2009, 16:57

My Yaris is perfectly reliable also. I have no reason to change it... other than I would like a diesel (Yaris) and therefore benefit from £35 tax!!! and I would really like AIRCON!!!

Great little car... Highly commended.

2001 Toyota Yaris SR 1.3 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

SR model is sporty, and surprisingly fast, 120mph top speed with no mod to 1.3 engine!

Had a big crash where I span, and the the unit that set that airbags off inside the engine came lose in the spin and so airbags didn't go off!

Rear shock absorbs suddenly went after going over a speed bump.

General Comments:

This 1.3 SR model is lowered, has the spoiler and body kit etc, and it actually goes really fast! I got 120mph out of it on a race day a while ago which I was really impressed with, considering the engine has not been messed with or anything!

The car also handles really well due to the lower and harder suspension compared to the normal yaris models. Is good fun on the twisting country roads, surprisingly, even though is meant to be a town car, I don't like using this car in town, jerks and wobbles at low speeds.

What is annoying though is that I just can't seem to get completley comfortable in it! I have long legs, so when I position seat far back so my legs are comfortable I find myself reaching for the steering wheel sometimes. The car really needs another adjusment on the steering wheel.

One thing I think is really good is the space inside the yaris!! Considering the size of the outside of the car, the inside is huge! lots of space!

But, I find that the plastics used on the dash are quite tacky and just doesn't feel very appealing inside the car, considering the intisive external sporty features, they could have tried better inside!

But all in all this is a very good little car, and although has top performance and a great nippy good handling car, it doesn't burn a hole in your pocket! When driving sensibly I get around 45-50mpg. But when thrashing it around I get about 35mpg which is still really good!

Review Date: 11th December, 2006

2001 Toyota Yaris 1.3 16v vvti from Netherlands

Summary:

This is a very good car and I would recommend it

Nothing has gone wrong with the car.

General Comments:

The A-pillars take away the view which can be dangerous at roundabouts. You have to move your body to look around the window frame at roundabouts because if there is a car on the roundabout you will not see it otherwise.

The car is very reliable and it is very stable at high speeds. I have driven this car at 193 km/h (120 mhp) downhill in Germany.

The automatic transmission is perfect.

I get a mileage of average 13.5 kilometers per liter.

Review Date: 28th April, 2006

2001 Toyota Yaris 1 litre petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Brisk reliable economical small car

New front tyres at 15,000 - tracking.

Battery flat - re-charged and OK.

The dashboard rattles - a common fault I`m told.

General Comments:

I didn`t really want a 1 litre car, engine too small. Agreeably surprised by nippiness. It will sit at 75 on the motorway happily. It is economical (about 49mpg) it seems reliable.

The wife likes to drive it.

It is surprisingly roomy.

Review Date: 20th June, 2005

2001 Toyota Yaris VVTi 1.3 RS Vitz 3 door 1.3 RS from Northern Cyprus

Summary:

All in all really happy with this little number - best looking small car I have ever owned

Nothing has gone wrong with this car to date at all, but have not had it that long yet!

General Comments:

I have bought this car in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, which is an unrecognised country, and therefore you have to cross your fingers and hope the car will be OK! I bought second hand the Japanese version of the 'Yaris', which is called a 'Vitz'. They are extremely popular here, as there are lots being imported, and the Yaris I believe is also made in Turkey, so parts are easy to obtain and are relatively cheap! This is a 3 door version which is the only downside, but could not find a 5 door version for love nor money.

It handles really well as the roads are quite poor here, and full of holes and bumps. Its road handling is excellent and you feel really 'stuck' to the road at all times. I read a lot of comments on this website before buying and some mentioned that it rolled a bit on corners, but I do not find this with my car.

It has a few rattles, but you can live with this with the music turned up!

I live up a mountain, and so far the engine has done me proud in terms of getting up at good speeds. It does not seem to suffer with 4 people either, and some of the climb ups are pretty steep.

All in all, I am very very pleased so far with this car, and it was imported from Japan in superb condition. I always think the state of the interior is a sign of how well a car has been treated, so am really pleased as it was immaculate.

Used cars are very expensive to buy here, so I paid a lot compared to European used cars, but I hope that it's going to be worth it!

Review Date: 2nd December, 2004