2003 Vauxhall Zafira Reviews - Page 4 of 4

2003 Vauxhall Zafira Comfort 1.8 petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.8 petrol Manual
Most recent distance19500 miles
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

Great all round family car

So far very little.

Fuel consumption is not as good as I would expect.

General Comments:

Gap between dash and wind screen allows information stuck to inside of screen (Parking permit) to slip down inside.

Ease with which the spare wheel can be stolen (apparently common across the Vauxhall Zafira range according to vauxhall dealers).

Review Date: 29th March, 2004

2003 Vauxhall Zafira design 106 from Germany

Engine and transmission 106 Manual
Previous carVauxhall Zafira

Summary:

A brill family car not to be overlooked

Nothing at all has gone wrong with the car at the moment.

General Comments:

This is the second zafira I have owned and won't be changing to a different MPV next time, I love it, its comfortable and spacious.

The kids are comfortable in the back seat and the rear 2 seats are so good, they just fold away into the floor unlike other cars I watch my friends struggling with the 2 extra seats if they are going on holiday, with the zafira the seats go on holiday too.

The only thing that I feel could be improved is the road noise.

Its economical to run and is a great family car.

Review Date: 14th March, 2004

2003 Vauxhall Zafira Design 1.8 16v from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.8 16v Manual
Most recent distance2000 miles
Previous carVauxhall Astra

Summary:

Highly impressed - Excellent family motoring

Nothing has gone wrong with the vehicle so far, but it is brand new, however judging by my previous Vauxhall experiences I would be surprised if anything major should happen.

I have always found Vauxhalls in the past to be very reliable (I have driven loads of them as well from Carlton, Senator to Cavalier, Astra etc)

General Comments:

I ordered this as my new company car about 5 months ago. The Design is the model that replaces the Comfort I believe and Vauxhall have tried to 'Jazz up' the interior with new upholstery etc. My own opinion is that it's a success and improves on a previously pretty dull interior.

I am absolutely delighted with this car. The 1.8 125bhp engine pulls very well if a little cammy, but there is plenty of poke for overtaking. I would say it's a bit low geared though. The gearbox feels slightly notchy at present, but I would expect this to improve with age.

The design of the seating system is brilliant and the car can be transformed from child carrier to beer carrier in moments.

The paint finish and internal finish and quality appears to be first rate on my vehicle too. The only complaint I would have to make is the long waiting time for delivery! (That has probably got something to do with the unusual interior I ordered)

I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone, especially growing families - very versatile.

Review Date: 11th November, 2003