1967 Volkswagen Beetle from North America - Comments

18th May 2012, 15:54

I have a 67 Beetle and it is a daily driver.

Gutless? You have a 1200 40 hp motor. Hello. If you researched the car before you bought it, you would have known.

Gas fumes with the heater? Not in my car. The VW does not blow exhaust gas back into the car. The heat for the car travels around a sealed exhaust to heat it before entering the car.

I would not trade my car for anything! I want another!

19th May 2012, 10:03

Everyone is entitled to their opinion; my opinion is that this review is so far off the mark it isn't even funny.

I owned a 1967 VW - I purchased it back in 1972 with only 50,000 miles on it. It was a fantastic little car. Great transportation, and had more than enough power to take me wherever I needed to go. It had good heat & defrost, and it was one of my favorite cars I ever owned.

To call a 1967 Beetle (or any Beetle) a "toy" is totally wrong. I also owned a 1970 Beetle and a 1974 Super Beetle; they also took me RELIABLY wherever I needed to go (and I took some long trips in them as well). All handled winter weather with ease and NEVER got stuck. The Super Beetle was a great car, as the heat & defrost was supplemented with a fan, and it also was equipped with air conditioning. This was one special VW done in Marina Blue with a Gray interior.

If they still made the original Beetle or Super Beetle, count me among those who would seriously consider buying a new one - this time a convertible of course.

20th May 2012, 08:17

If your heater ductwork are rotted, it can allow exhaust gases in.

I have also had a leaky fuel tank over my legs. It's easy to remove and replace a tank though.

Add another comment