2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 2.0 from North America

Awesome car

Nothing yet!

General Comments:

When I tried the car, I fell in love with it and bought it. I loved the acceleration. It is extremely quick and handles extremely well. I pushed it to the limit on the highway and got a maximum speed of 215 km/h or 125 mph.

Even at that speed, the handling was fine. I even drove 14 hours with it, and did not get any back pain and was not even tired. The sound system (6 CDs) is by far the best I have heard so far. The sound is extremely pure.

The air conditionning does a good job at maintaining the temperature even when we had a 36 degrees hot humid summer. All buttons in the cabin are easy to figure out and are well placed. I have not experienced a breakdown yet (touching wood!). I have read in other reviews that there is wind noise coming from the driver's side mirror. I have to admit, there is a noise coming from there, but barely noticeable. Design problem? doesn't bug me anyway. And I love those LED lights!!!

Overall, it is a lovely car to drive, and it is well equipped for a fair price.

More comments to come in 6 months

Review Date: 12th August, 2007

22nd Jan 2008, 10:02

Update on my initial comments. The car is now at 20000 km (12,000 miles) and is still awesome to drive. I drove a pontiac as a rental for two weeks and it wasn't too bad. Once I got back in my passat, oh my god, the pontiac was suddenly crap. This 07 passat is a jewel to drive. So far, I did not experience any problems with the car, except a airbag light coming on once a week for a couple minutes. I'll get it checked out at the next oil change. Overall, I do not regret my purchase and definitely recommend you to buy one!!!

17th Jan 2009, 13:28

Another update on my Passat.

Well, it's been a year since my last update. The car is now at 36,000 kms (22,000 miles). Had a small problem with the airbag light, which the dealer found that the passenger seatbelt mechanism had to be replaced. Beside that, I still love the car. Climbed a big mountain last week to get to the ski resort. While everybody was putting chains on tires, hey I'm Canadian, I thought I'd give it a try without the chain. Well I made it to the top, the car performed very well going up, the computer managed to control the slipping wheels and send power to the other... on the original sport tires!!

Overall excellent car. So far...

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sportline 1.6 FSI from UK and Ireland

Love the car, hate the minor faults!

The fuel pump/sender unit went at 13000kms.

There are numerous squeaks/rattles from the dash, along with a really annoying metallic noise from the boot area.

A new clicking noise has just started when opening the drivers door!

General Comments:

The is extremely comfortable (bar the squeaks and rattles).

It looks fantastic, more like an Audi than a VW, and the ignition key always gets strange looks!

The electric handbrake took a little getting used to, but now on hills it's a godsend.

My version is the Sportline, which is lowered and has 17" rims. The car handles fantastic, but I can't help but think the stiffness of the suspension and bigger wheels contribute to rattles, along with a rough ride on bad roads.

Review Date: 9th July, 2007

13th Aug 2008, 06:13

It's not just the big wheels and lowered suspension; I have an SE model (16" alloys, normal suspension) and there are lots of rattles and squeaks.

A shame really, because it is otherwise a comfortable and competent car.

2007 Volkswagen Passat from North America

I bought a 2007 Passat less than a month ago, and these are the problem I am experiencing:

Unable to release key from ignition. Had to take the car in the second day after I purchased the car. The dealer fixed it at no cost to me.

Unloading grocery from trunk, I barely pulled on the emergency latch that is supposed to release the trunk in the event you are locked in the trunk. The trunk lid now is in the upright position. VW does not cover this. It is a very bad design.

I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time at the dealership. I would not recommend this car to anyone, unless you enjoyed being tortured.

The VW customer service and dealership sucks.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2007

3rd May 2007, 05:22

How did you manage to pull the emergency release? I don't believe you - you or somebody would have been playing with it and broke it only then to blame the car! I have never managed to go near it unloading the car as the boot lid would normally be open when unloading. I also do not believe that you own a Passat - probably a Japanese Crap car instead as you fail to mention anything also about the car - such as good looks/drive, etc or any reason to why you brought it in the first place! Not a good review.