2004 Volvo S60 AWD 4D Inline V6 from North America

Summary:

Understated Elegance

At this point almost nothing wrong. We were a little worried about it because we had heard that Volvo's have some "annoying" problems, but so far the only thing that had to be fixed was the power mirror as it was not adjusting.

General Comments:

Very sports like, and good mileage, about 35 on highway.

Review Date: 28th May, 2006

24th Aug 2006, 01:56

V6? I think you meant an in-line 5 cylinder turbo engine, as the S60 does not come in V6 version...

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T 2.5T from North America

Summary:

Nice looking, but too many annoying problems

At 17000 miles the car is thumping from front end while driving at speeds 30 to 50. The dealer has stated tires are the problem despite scheduled rotations.

New tires have not corrected the problem. Car continues to shake on the highway at speeds 60 and 70 and makes a lot of road noise.

Road noise and vibration make for annoying experience especially if you spend a lot of time in the vehicle.

The check engine light has come on at least 3 times and the dealer resets it.

Dealer states nothing wrong with car. I am going to trade it in.

General Comments:

Comfortable seats and stylish body. Nice looking vehicle.

It is a fast peppy car. However I believe there is a problem with the suspension or parts having to do with the wheels of the car.

Review Date: 23rd May, 2006

24th Aug 2006, 01:58

Sorry to hear you have a problems with the car. My advice is, change your mechanic.

15th Feb 2007, 22:42

My mother-in-law just down-graded from her much larger Lincoln Town car to the Volvo S60 2.5T. I just drove her new car this evening and I was very disappointed. The ride is very harsh, the interior incredibly cramped (the console actually rubs against my leg while driving) and the power brakes were incredibly touchy and the power steering totally without road feel. My wife's first comment after we were out of mom's earshot was "Your 6-year-old Grand Am (which we bought as a 3rd car to haul our pets in) rides better than mom's new Volvo!!" I totally agree.

2004 Volvo S60 T5 2.4 turbo from Malaysia

Summary:

Overall, its fast and has reliable engine, but the mounting may not cope with engine's power.

The top arm mounting has been changed three times; lasts only 30,000km. I think this is a very common complaint and if anyone knows of any after-market products would appreciate it very much.

The lower arm bushes and the left side link rod were changed once.

General Comments:

Seats are comfy and stereo is very good.

The car is quick and responsive although handling could be more precise.

Review Date: 11th September, 2005

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Geartronic 2.5 turbo from Netherlands

CD player replaced at 12000 km.

Vibration inside front right door during music play. Opening and closing the window always solved the problem. Apparently the cause is an improper alignment of the window in the guiding rail when closed.

General Comments:

Exceptionally good sequential automatic gearbox (Geartronic), capable of quickly adapting to driving style.

Average fuel consumption so far: 20 mpg (at 80% of total distance driven in the city). Unexpectedly high fuel consuption above 200 km/h (125 mph).

Very good brakes with ABS and STC, even on wet/slippery roads.

Review Date: 13th May, 2005

2004 Volvo S60 SE 2.4 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Very good, but has some bad flaws: see general comments.

Nothing.

It was recalled for a turbo hose check though. Nothing wrong.

General Comments:

This is the standard director's car for our company. One director had a blown turbo hose which is why our parent group pushed Volvo to recall them all for a check.

It's comfortable, economical and has an excellent stereo system - Dolby Pro Logic.

However :

The turning circle is appalling and makes you look like an idiot when parking.

The leg room in the back is very poor. One of our directors bought a 2nd hand Mondeo for personal use on account of this.

The climate control system needs to be turned up quite high to get acceptable warmth even in the relatively mild British winter. The climate control panel gets warm to the touch and I suspect this confuses the system's temeperature sensing. My Omega was comfortable set at 22C: the Volvo needs 24 or 25C to get the same effect.

Review Date: 14th December, 2004

2004 Volvo S60 SE 5 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Euro style and reliability

Nothing.

General Comments:

If congress passed a law allowing mechanical and human marriages, I think I'd be first in line.

Review Date: 26th July, 2004