1989 Acura Integra Reviews - Page 3 of 4

1989 Acura Integra LS 1.6L Non-VTEC from North America

Engine and transmission 1.6L Non-VTEC Manual
Most recent distance132000 miles

Summary:

A great sports car

Nothing so far. It's great car.

General Comments:

The car itself is in good condition besides some body panels being messed up, but I got those all fixed and the motor runs good, but it just doesn't have enough for me so I'm putting a B16A1 motor in it very soon. Im going to make it a show car since ive never seen a 1st generation integra that clean before. The mods ive got on it so far is just an Injen Intake and an Apex'i Full Exhaust system on it

Review Date: 26th June, 2003

1989 Acura Integra LS 1.6 DOHC from North America

Engine and transmission 1.6 DOHC Automatic
Previous carPontiac Grand Prix

Summary:

Frigging great car for its day!!

The brake booster went when I first got the car.

Air conditioning went three months after I got it. (not like I cared.)

Other than than that nothing.

General Comments:

I liked the car a lot. Its really quick for 118hp and it got great gas mileage. The car was nimble on the highway (it was a sprinter) and was great for daily driving.

Review Date: 9th April, 2003

1989 Acura Integra LS 1.6 from North America

First year of ownership1997

Summary:

High performance bargain

Since I have had this car I have had to replace the front, right control arm. The alternator. The clutch. and the brakes. The Alternator went out at 145k and the brakes squealed at 140k.

General Comments:

This car will let you rev the engine over 6000 rpm and handles at top speeds very well. This car surpassed my expectations it is a great little car.

Review Date: 26th February, 2003

1989 Acura Integra LX 1.8 from North America

Previous carLincoln Mark VII

Summary:

What a great car

This car has not given me any faults yet.

I have only replaced the original mag wheels due to rust and there out of date look.

I replaced them with gold mag high performance wheels.

General Comments:

I love this car and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fast, cheap, reliable car.

I will drive this car until it dies and that probably won't be for a very long time.

Review Date: 16th January, 2003

1989 Acura Integra LS 1.6 DOHC from North America

First year of ownership1995
Engine and transmission 1.6 DOHC Manual
Most recent distance220000 miles
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Dependable, economical, runs forever, won't leave you stranded

Mostly just normal replacements, belts, tires, light bulbs and such.

Distributor went out at 180k.

Moon roof was stuck closed after a full winter of not opening, was able to fix it myself. Now it leaks a little after a really hard rain, I think I may have torn a seal.

First clutch lasted 135k, I am still on the second.

Some of the trim parts are looking not-so-good, but what do you expect after 13 years in the California sun. The dash under the windshield shows some sun cracks, and the top of the steering wheel is pitted.

A buddy borrowed it for a week and it came back with a broken door handle, but who knows what he did to it.

Got the original exhaust and catalytic converter replaced last year to help the car pass smog - that was 205k miles!

General Comments:

I just drove this car from coast to coast and back again, a 6000 mile trip and neither the car or me batted an eye.

I have decided to drive this car until it will not move anymore. After 7 years together this car is like part of the family. I baby it a little now, it likes the higher octane gas, and I get the engine and transmission oil changed religiously. No more drag racing like in my younger days.

I am still on the original brake rotors, and I have only replaced the brake pads twice.

This car is the most dependable car I know, if you treat them right they really will run forever. Mine came with all the records and it had been really well taken care of. They like to be driven, if you let them sit they get very unhappy.

Review Date: 27th July, 2002

1989 Acura Integra LS 1.6L gas from North America

Engine and transmission 1.6L gas Manual
Previous carDodge Van

Summary:

A fun to drive pocket rocket

I had to replace front struts immediately after acquisition due to bottoming out. At about 135000 miles the distributor had to be replaced. At about 140000 the right rear caliper and rotor with pads had to be replaced due to a problem with it hanging up and wearing out the pads. My mechanic tried a rebuilt caliper (cheaper, but not recommended) but ultimately had to go with an original equipment unit to cure the problem. The car now needs a steering rack.

General Comments:

Although this Integra has over 150000 miles on it, I intend to go through it over the next year, replacing the steering rack, timing belt, fuel injector nozzles and clutch; adding 16 inch wheels and tires; reupholstering the seats and replacing the carpet, since we are going to use it as a tow vehicle behind our motor home when we retire. All accessories, including the cruise control, air conditioning and power moon roof, function as new. The car is very reliable and fun to drive because of its agility and quickness.

Review Date: 5th February, 2002