1994 Acura Integra LS 1.8 from North America

Summary:

The best car ever

I am on my 3rd radiator.

ABS light comes on with cold temps. I live in Florida.

Air conditioner leaks.

Clutch cylinder leaks. I just keep putting more brake fluid in. Too cheap to fix it.

General Comments:

This is the best performance car ever. This is better than BMW and Mercedes Benz.

This car will outlast me. I will drive this car forever.

I got a lot of traffic tickets with this red sports car.

Review Date: 25th February, 2009

1994 Acura Integra RS 1.8L 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Cheap, reliable, and tons of fun

Transmission went at 190000.

Bumper has started to fall off from rust.

General Comments:

This car is fantastic.

It's comfortable, handles great and just keeps running.

Minimal repairs.

Gets 33+MPG day in and out.

My cost of ownership has been about $.12/mile.

I will try to drive an Integra for the rest of my life.

Review Date: 5th December, 2008

1994 Acura Integra 1.8L I4 from North America

Summary:

Cheap, reliable, sporty first car that I would recommend to any first time drivers

Exhaust was shot when I bought it, but turned out it only needed a mid-pipe ($200)

ABS was broken (for no known reason).

Retractable antennae was broken. I took it apart and the main plastic drive gear was stripped. I re-built it with a second drive gear and it worked perfectly after that.

For the car being in a salted roads environment (upstate NY), there was surprisingly no rust in the usual spots. Rust formed on roof around sunroof opening.

Stitching started to come apart on front seats near where I enter and exit the car. This is probably just normal wear over the years.

Power windows struggled to close.

General Comments:

The car was surprisingly quick for its size.

Great gas economy (~35mpg)

Stylish enough that racers my rev at you when sitting at a light.

Comfortable interior, though climate control inside wasn't very responsive and rear seat makes my friends want to drive separately.

The car being light with responsive brakes, it handled well in corners, hitting tight turns well over the suggested speed limits.

Car was easily modifiable. taking cover off the air box reveals a cold air intake style filter. I left it off for a throaty sounding engine.

The car was totaled in a head on collision at night. From this experience I know that the air bags were amazing and the car took all the damage. All three of my passengers walked away without a scrape. Car could actually be re-worked and drivable, and I have received offers for it.

Great value, and I am actually looking to purchase another one exactly like it.

Review Date: 16th March, 2008

1994 Acura Integra LS 1.8 DOHC from North America

Summary:

I think Acura made a great car for caring owners

At 129000 miles my clutch went bad, so I replaced it and they put in a stock replacement, so now at 143300 I'm buying another clutch. A stage 2 should do the job for now.

Also, my driver's seat was losing its cushion underneath, so I replaced it with a leather bucket seat along with the passenger side.

The tail lights leaked water, and all the water puddled up where the spare tire is, so I fixed that with a new light and some silicon.

The front brake calipers had to be replaced, and I replaced all the rotors while I was at it.

The antenna is not too durable; I broke two so I'm done with buying another one.

The cup holders always push buttons on the radio deck, and the A/C compressor went out at 133000 miles.

General Comments:

The car handles very well and has great acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear. 3rd gear bogs a little, then 4th kicks back up.

I've had the car up to 133 MPH and I ran out of road; it would of kept on going.

The fold down back seats make it easy to load things, and there is a lot of room.

Review Date: 8th September, 2007

1994 Acura Integra LS 1.8 B-18 from North America

Summary:

WOW

Replace Timing Belt at 121,000 miles.

Replaced Power Steering Tray at the same time.

General Comments:

I have only had this car for about three years. I bought it for 1400 dollars and its super clean. What a steal! I haven't had any problems with this car (except annual repairs that are expected like timing belt etc.) thus far. It handles great at high speeds, better than a BMW M3, surprising huh? This car is super cheap on gas and when you need to go some where quick, this thing dose the job. I once took it to 135 MPH on the turnpike before I almost made a mess in my pants, and it could have done more. I have serious plans for this thing. Most people don't know this, but the LS transmission is a higher quality than the GSR. Most people would rather have the V-Tec, but why not have both? you can buy a GSR head for about 600-800 dollars and then you got V-tech. Sound a little out of your price range? its OK it gets better. Why get a GSR head when you can do the same job for cheaper, with a B-16 (a 1.6 liter engine) head. Not only will this cost you 200 dollars less, but will also give you more compression since it's a smaller head on a bigger block. This will come in handy when you throw your turbo in it like me. The car is super comfortable, and turns heads. My favorite aspect of the car is the short range in shifting in the gear box, and short range on the clutch. My advice to anyone considering buying this car would be DO IT!!! I promise you will not regret it.

Review Date: 8th November, 2006

17th Jan 2009, 17:10

You'll be wanting to LOWER your compression if you're going to turbo charge.

John.

Brisbane.

22nd Aug 2009, 07:03

I too just bought a little red 94 Integra for 1600. It's a great car and I like a lot. I've already put some nice rims on it, which make it look real nice. Unfortunately it got stolen the first month I bought it and all my brand new stereo equip. and other personal stuff got gone. But I got it back with at least the rims on it. Any hoot, I too wanted to trick out mine too, but I don't know a whole lot about that stuff and was wondering where I should start??? Any suggestions??

10th Mar 2010, 19:42

No, your car does not handle better than an M3, and no, an LS tranny is not better than the shorter-ratio GSR tranny. And have fun with your turbo LS/vtec that you will most likely not spend the money to build properly, so it will last about a week :)