1994 Acura Integra GS-R 1.8 from North America

Summary:

Fun + very reliable, but high theft!

Ignition coil broke, and car simply turned off while driving at around 140k miles. Was $200 repair at Honda dealer.

Other than that, only normal wear (rear brake pads + one rear caliper, brakes front incl. disks, some rust developing above rear wheels, replaced some tires).

General Comments:

Great car and ultra-reliable! Unfortunately, it was stolen 2 weeks ago and found one day later completely stripped without anything left besides the body.

Handling was awesome, it was lowered, but not too much and a real fun car to drive! I had the GS-R sedan, so I could transport my bike in it and even a futon when I flipped the rear seats. Great VTEC engine (with the red line starting at 8000 rpm) with an impressive pickup, and also a light car. Even with almost 180000 miles on it, the engine ran like new! Did always oil changes every 3000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Previous owner was sister of a mechanic who also owned an Integra GS-R and who was a total Integra enthusiast. The only thing I didn't like was that some rust was starting to spread, but probably the Massachusetts winters are to blame...

Unfortunately, it's the most stolen car in the US! So they tried to steal it three times this year (around Boston), but they were not smart enough to crack the after market alarm the car had. In the fourth attempt (this year!!!), they got it and it was not recovered until 24 hours later (even though it had a low jack which was activated when I reported the theft at most 2.5 hours after they stole it). So it's totalled... I am very sad!

Get a comprehensive insurance that covers theft if you want to buy an Acura Integra!!!

Review Date: 20th September, 2006

1994 Acura Integra LS hatchback from North America

Summary:

Never Sell the Integra!

Car had a hard time starting when it was hot - the iginition relay failed at 96,000miles, it was a easy fix, about $150. At 145,000 miles, car completely shut down when I was in the middle of nowhere land while going about 45mph, won't start again. After a 30 mile tow and $300 for a new iginition coil, it was running again. Front rotors need to be surfaced all the time, or else the front brakes will shake during highway speed braking, a typical problem with these small Honda / Acura. Also, tail lights leaks during rain storms, the water leaks down to the spare tire area, must dry it or you'll get mold. Replace your plastic radiator to an after market metal one.

General Comments:

A marvelous pratical sporty car. Timeless design, fun to drive, and very reliable, considering it did break down a few times, but I am running up the miles. Car handles very well at all speeds. The manual seats are not comfortable, it is my least favorite part of the car. But overall, it's a fantastic car to own, averages 25mpg local, 31mpg highway.

Review Date: 7th January, 2006

26th Sep 2009, 07:50

I agree, my 1994 Teg GS-R has 248,000 miles on it and still running fine. I have had problems with water getting like you said. No ignition problems, except a bad fuel relay, that's it. It pretty much just keeps on running.

1994 Acura Integra LS 1.8 from North America

Summary:

Great all around car

Leaking through the gaskets through the oil pan. Drivers side door doesn't shut to well.

General Comments:

I love the cars handling and performance for a four cylinder. The best bang for your buck.

Review Date: 1st November, 2005

1994 Acura Integra LS 1.8 Liter from North America

Summary:

Make the most of your Integra!

Nothing, from the day I got till now, I've loved it, people under estimate these little cars, when they are fast, especially the GSR.

General Comments:

Fast little sport, a lot of modifications can be done to this car.

Review Date: 16th October, 2005

1994 Acura Integra LS 4 cylinder, 1.8 liter from North America

Summary:

High on performance, low impact on budget, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

I have only replaced the head lamps, brakes, battery, and tires until this year.

This summer I replaced the left rear wheel bearing at 110k miles. It sounds like another is getting ready to be replaced in front right wheel (113k now).

There was some rust beginning in the rear wheel wells, so that was repaired 2 years ago along with the removal of plastic trim in wheel wells that held sand, etc.

I have had annual hot oil treatment since, and there is no sign of rust anywhere else except a recent bubble at the passenger side corner of the windshield on the roof. That's pretty good for an 11-year-old car in Vermont.

General Comments:

I absolutely LOVE this car. It handles corners and speed wonderfully.

The nimble emergency handling and ABS saved me from an accident when a truck pulled out in front of me 2 years ago.

The back seat is a little tight for long legged passengers, but I appreciate the trunk space and the divided drop down seats. I use the car like a little truck, and it easily carries my hefty golf bag and Sun Mountain cart. This summer I had a full load, and with the seats down I was able to add three 8-ft fence posts and four rails of split rail fencing with windows and trunk closed.

The car is incredibly comfortable to ride long distances, and it's so much fun to drive.

The original owner installed an Alpine AM/FM/CD with remote, and the sound system is great with the stock speakers.

The moon roof is a joy, almost always open when I drive -- even in fairly cold weather.

Great performance, crisp handling, reliability, and fun with 37 mpg all around -- that's a plus when gas prices skyrocket. In addition, it has held its value over the years.

When speed is required, this car can fly. This summer I had it up to 100 mph on I-91 in an emergency drive to the hospital. It could go faster, but that was as far as I was willing to go.

Review Date: 3rd October, 2005