2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8 turbo from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

A nightmare on wheels!

Brakes lights and turn signal bulbs blow every other week, electrical coils went twice, computer had to be reset, rear wiper would not stop going unless I took the key out, started leaking oil everywhere, gasket blew, coolant system and water pump failed.

General Comments:

A nice looking car, but all the fun is removed when you have to spend so much time getting things repaired, not to mentioned the obscene cost.

It's a shame because it's a nice looking car that handles well when it's going, but the Germans need to learn from more reliable car manufacturers, as this lets Audi down badly.

Review Date: 10th July, 2010

2002 Audi A4 Quattro V6 from North America

Summary:

One of the best quality sports sedans for 2002

Thought I'd chime in as I am one of those die hard Audi fans. When my car was covered by dealer warranty I received good service. Only issue I had in the first 50,000 miles was one of my front headlights went bad.

Afterward:

Driver side window malfunction at 55,000; repaired by the dealer.

Timing belt, and water pump and all belts replaced at 66,000.

Clutch and flywheel replaced at 69,000.

One ignition coil replaced at 45000 miles.

The key is to have an outstanding mechanic that really knows the car. I have one.

General Comments:

Outstanding driving vehicle.

Only way one should buy this car is with a six speed manual.

Review Date: 27th June, 2010

2002 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Audi sucks!!!

Need to use an original Audi catalytic converter, or your check engine light will not shut off!

General Comments:

The car has too many problems to list, and would never buy another Audi or Volkswagen again!

To the guys that have the check engine code that says the catalytic converter needs to be replaced; You must replace it with original Audi parts or the light will not shut off. My dealer said $1140 for the left side converter.

Review Date: 25th June, 2010

2002 Audi A4 1.8 turbo from North America

Cooling, fans, $1200.

Power steering.

2 ignition coils.

Power window switch.

Timing belt at 57,000, $1250.

Cooling system, leaking plastic over-flow and leaking plate behind engine, $850.00.

Leaking moon roof through dome light.

Leaking cam bearing.

Radio reception booster, 55,000, cost $300.

General Comments:

Love the way it drives.

In quick turns, it seems to "dig" into the road the faster you go.

Hate the cost of operation.

Hate the lack of dependability.

Hate wondering every day, "What's going to break today?".

Was told by the dealer, I need new motor mounts (at 58,000 miles) they are hydraulic. Replacement costs? Just another $850.00.

Audi America is impossible to reason with. Wrote to BAR to get 1/2 cost of fan replacement returned. They fight you on everything.

Review Date: 22nd June, 2010

2002 Audi A4 from North America

Summary:

Awful!!!

So I'm driving on the highway. The oil light comes on. I stop the car and put more oil into it, as the dipstick was broken and I could not check the oil level. I start driving and the light comes on again. I drove the car for about 15 minutes to my mechanic. He said my motor was DEAD!

There was scum blockage in the hose going from oil to the motor. Online it says the Audi A4 is susceptible to this. How is it that an Audi is susceptible to such a huge problem! I was shocked. Now I have to pay to replace a motor in a car I've had for less than 2 years. The car is 2002 and I am the 2nd owner. Why was this car so much money when it is a piece of crap? I had many other cars before and never did I have an engine problem. Wow. I am out of words for this.

Review Date: 18th January, 2010

20th Jan 2010, 07:12

Engine? I don't know Km? not mentioned.

Will you by another car from this manufacturer? You don't know.

I suppose you do not know much of the car's history, nor which kind of engine oil was used.

Why not go to another technician before believing what the first one said...