1995 Buick Century Reviews - Page 2 of 5

Model year1995
Year of manufacture1995
First year of ownership1995
Previous carChevrolet Celebrity

Summary:

Absolutely Great

We have more trouble with the ABS brakes, than anything.

Head gaskets replaced at 150000 miles.

General Comments:

This 1995 Buick, is the best darned car we have ever owned.

The ride is roomy, very comfortable, and smooth.

Even now, with over 273000 miles, this car has never failed us.

It's the only car we own, we drive it every day. WE have kept a normal, and regular maintenance schedule.

We get anywhere from 23 to 26 MPG - still.

Review Date: 14th July, 2010

1995 Buick Century Custom 3.1L V6 from North America

Model year1995
Year of manufacture1994
Engine and transmission 3.1L V6 Automatic
Most recent distance198000 miles
Previous carPontiac Grand Prix

Summary:

Ugly!!! But there when I need her!!

1.) Window motors went bad.

2.) Brake line rusted through once.

3.) Front tires currently out of alignment.

4.) A/C not that great, but never bothered to have it looked at.

General Comments:

This car is ugly as all get-out, but has been great. I bought it from an old lady, so I know it was taken care of.

I've been around 2k-4k past due on nearly every oil change. The car has never once been kept in a garage or covered in anyway. I don't think I ever once took her to the car wash. Also, this car has been driven almost everyday for the last five years.

Bottom line: This car is really similar to an ugly woman... I treated her like crap, but she just kept taking my **** over and over again.

The acceleration is good for when I need it. She starts right up every time, even in the dead of winter after sitting for two weeks. Also, as mentioned in a previous post, the map light is a really cool and useful feature.

I'm thinking about having a celebration of sorts in a month or two when she rolls over to 200K miles.

Review Date: 11th May, 2010

13th May 2010, 11:04

Leaving aside the egregious misogyny in your report, Buick Centuries are nice looking cars.

13th May 2010, 19:45

Maybe you can celebrate by taking 'er thru a car wash finally! :)

14th May 2010, 06:12

My mother is 78 years old and has owned this model and 1995 year for several years. She has the aftermarket roadster kit gold color with the dark special roof and luggage rack and the wire wheel look hubcaps. It is loaded with options. I still do not find it a very nice looking car, but it is very reliable. I have driven it quite a few times and it has very good power. She may have the bigger engine. She has had no engine issues whatsoever other than a alternator and a battery. Sometimes one of the power windows does not work and then it does. She has 77000 miles on hers and really likes the driving position and the size a lot. Nice visibility for her. It will likely be a great car the proverbial nice old lady car that someone else (not me) would love to have to get around daily someday. I suspect it will be running a long time. It is very dependable. I take it out on the interstate sometimes as she rarely drives over 45! It's a very comfortable car and good room inside.

14th May 2010, 22:53

Just because a car was owned by an "old lady" doesn't mean it's the gonna be the greatest thing ever. One of the worst things you can do to a car is let it sit for long periods of time, and then when you do drive it, barely go over 40 MPH. It just doesn't get things moving often enough. Rubber parts start to dry-rot, gaskets start to crack, fluids (mostly the engine oil) become diluted with moisture or start to degrade. I'd rather buy a car with 100,000 miles that was serviced properly than a car with 20,000 miles that was owned by an old lady.

15th May 2010, 14:51

The car my mother has gets its oil changed every 4 months is always in the garage. I actually take it out on the interstate when possible. The little old lady used to drive me to my grade school in a new MGA at the time. She knows about good care and maintenance even today.