1995 Buick Century V6 from North America

Summary:

This 95 Buick century, map light and all, is an amazing car

Alternator needed to be replace around 60,000 Miles. The car sat in a garage for 10 years, then became a delivery vehicle. It's first winter was particularly rough starting.

Also when installing a CD player I was forced to take apart the entire dashboard, which was way more work than truly necessary. Every piece on the dash is interlocked, so you will have about five hundred different screws about. I was never able to properly reassemble the ashtray.

Also I found the location of the battery and the bar above, sometimes referred to as crush bar, to be quite horrid. Many times I spent cursing the location of said battery and bar.

General Comments:

This car was amazing. I would jump at the chance to own one of low mileage again. I am deeply saddened that this car did not live to see even 100,000 miles. Unfortunately the Buick Century does not have any featured which prevents other drivers from running stop signs.

The map light was perhaps the most crucial mechanism in my life for the years 2005-2007. This is probably the single best feature of the car.

This vehicle is an excellent choice for anyone looking to deliver. The comfortable bench seats in the front and back offer plenty of room. Also the previously mentioned map light is the perfect accessory to double check the locations of orders, or do anything else you have to do.

Also this car is great for long drives like vacations or even a simple road trip. It is inconspicuous and more often than not you will be mistaken for an old woman. So if avoiding flashing lights and badges is your priority, this is a car for you. When you couple this with the bench seats and the general interior design, you have a lounge on wheels.

Oh yes I feel obligated to at least mention how many cars I destroyed off the line with Grandma's last gift. Oh it was fun. Sure people caught up with me eventually, but that's when I was sick of wasting gas!

Review Date: 13th March, 2007

19th May 2007, 17:17

Your comments about using the Buick Century to do deliveries reminded me of my days as a taxi driver in Columbia Missouri back in the late 1990's. We had a 1984 Century with the 'iron duke' four cylinder - we loved that car! Not only was it the most economical car in the fleet at that time (not a difficult feat when everything else was a Dodge Diplomat), but it was very agile handling. I remember loving the 'dome light' as we called it - I think that's the map light. Unusually bright light for checking directions.

The boss finally gave up on that car somewhere near 300,000 miles, if I remember rightly because it just staretd to look too bad, not because it broke. We never had another Century in the fleet, but we did get a few Celebrities, which inexplicably were not reliable.

1995 Buick Century Custom 3.1L V6 from North America

Summary:

I really loved this car - and I miss it!

I have had to replace the lights in the back light bar about 10 times.

At around 130K Miles, the car would shut off at hwy speeds for a second or so and then start right back up again.

The drivers seat back started to lean towards the passenger seat at around 110k miles.

General Comments:

My parents bought me this car when I was a senior in HS. I loved this car for its acceleration and looks. Some of my friends would make fun of me for driving a "grandma" car, but their smiles quickly faded when I kicked their butts off the line!

One thing on the interior that I just DID NOT like was the way the dashboard slanted toward the seat on the passenger side. I was glad I rarely rode over there, but when I did, I put the seat WAY back!

I sold this car to my older sister when I got out of college who needed a reliable work car to and from the farm. The car is still going strong with 159k miles on it!

Review Date: 31st August, 2005

1st Sep 2005, 17:43

Um...no...I was, let's see, uh - 17 when they got this car for me. Not 7! Maybe learn to read and then get back to me!

29th Nov 2005, 17:27

It would be best if the respondent refrained from criticizing the Author about racing - The Author never motioned racing.

Owners of this car know that it is extremely effective at accelerating from 0 to 40 miles per hour. It is common to see this type of car quietly accelerating ahead of other traffic when the traffic light turns green. This is because the 3.1 liter engine develops a great portion of its power at moderate rotational speeds. This is also true for other cars that use this same engine.

This is an advantage that occurs under normal driving conditions not racing. Most other cars have to rev their engines and make a lot of noise to keep up.

6th Jan 2007, 22:28

I have a 95 Buick Century that just rolled over to 130k and have not had problems with it shutting off on the highway... knock on wood. I also have the same problem with the seat slanting towards the passenger seat. I have also had the front window motors go out, but they were easy to replace. A good thing about the Buick Century is the window motors are transferable and use the same for all the windows, so if your front ones are out you can replace them with the back ones if they still work.