1991 Buick LeSabre Reviews - Page 3 of 4

1991 Buick LeSabre Limited 3.8 Automatic from Israel

Year of manufacture1991
Engine and transmission 3.8 Automatic Automatic

Summary:

Beautiful design, very roomy interior, medium to top quality materials, shame not all are like these

Nothing wrong with the car (I wouldn't know, I havn't bought it yet) Please read on you will understand my review.

General Comments:

People! (hi and thank you for your time looking at my review!) I live in Israel, and I just saw a Buick 1991 Le sabre Limited, at a previously owned, vehicle dealership.

Yes, it will be my first car ever! It's simple: I fell in love with it! As I have never considered buying a Buick at all, I don't know much about them,...

The Buick I saw (dealership) had 4 independent front lights,... and then I look at some other le sabres on Ebay (from the 1989-1991 models) and I cannot find any with 4 front lighths! More to that,... I have searched and searched across the Internet for photographs of 1991 Le sabres, And guess what,... I have not found one single picture of the LIMITED edition! Can someone tell me, how many (more or less) Limited 1991 Le sabres were built?

Please excuse the use of this good Internet site (lots of resources!) to write down a simple question and not a review (it's my first time)

God bless America.

Review Date: 16th March, 2006

2nd Jul 2006, 03:19

Among LeSabres of this vintage, the Custom model seems to be more popular than the Limited model. The only differences between the two is that the Limited has nicer seats and interior trim, a few more standard features, plus a little more chrome trim outside and (I think) some additional sound insulating material. I looked up the production figures and there were 56,231 Custom sedans and 33,344 Limited sedans made for 1991, plus a very small number of 2-door coupes. However... the LeSabre you're describing sounds very much like a 1986 model and not a 1991. This first generation of front-wheel drive LeSabres was produced for the 1986-1991 model years and of those, only the '86 had the quad headlights you're describing. It's also possible that it's a '91 that was involved in a collision and someone put 1986 front end parts on it, since they will fit on a '91. Look up the 1986 model and it'll probably look just like the one you're describing.

1991 Buick LeSabre Limited 3.8L from North America

Model year1991
Year of manufacture1991
Engine and transmission 3.8L Automatic
Distance when acquired200000 kilometres
Previous carVolkswagen Golf

Summary:

Won't die. Just keeps going

Replaced all of the fuel lines as they rusted out. 220000km.

Alternator 220000km (New battery at the same time)

Starter 210000km

Starter Again 240000km.

Brake pads, rotors, and cylinder 200000km

Brake pads, rotors, and cylinder again at 230000km.

Broken driver's seat at 240000km.

Minor issues:

Broken glove box latch.

Drivers window motor overheats and you can only move it an inch (without pushing it) every 2 minutes.

Passenger window switch broken.

Rear driver's side speaker wiring is dead.

General Comments:

For the 10 years that this car has been in the family (my father owned it before me) it has held up surprisingly well. It's gone through 3 alternators and 6 starters since we've owned it, but I think that's minor when compared to people needing to replace transmissions every 2-3 years.

This is a roomy car, with a nice ride. I recommend it for tall, wide people like me.

After 15 years this car is still going strong, and should go for another 2 or 3 at least. Of course my wife wants a minivan... which I've heard are a lot less reliable than cars... even the Japanese ones.

Review Date: 2nd March, 2006

4th Mar 2006, 09:30

Keep driving that thing! Finding a car is such a crap shoot, when you have a good one it makes zero sense to get rid of it. Don't let your wife invent reasons as to why it makes sense to drop 30 grand on a minivan that will spend it's share of time in the shop anyway.