1990 Buick Regal Limited 3.8L V6 from North America

It's a piece of junk

We bought it for $1000 off an elderly couple. The transmission needed to be rebuilt and the signal switch needed to be changed. Also, the driver side window didn't go down all the way. It would get stuck and make a really loud noise.

A few weeks later the battery went and that needed to be replaced.

The brakes needed to be changed all the time and the callipers are designed quite poorly (too small for the car) and as a result, they seize up very easily. I also had the caliper pin break on me and get jammed in the brakes.

The signal switch shorted out and needed to be changed again. (It's an expensive part for the Limited model and can only be purchased from GM.)

The blower motor went in it and was a real pain to change.

It had aluminum rims, and as a result, come winter time I'd wake up only to find my car with flat tires.

The shoulder strap of the driver side seat belt was defective and didn't hold me back in my accident.

The power packs went on me twice.

The spark plug wires burned out on me.

It always stalled in the rain and spring.

The fuel pump, alternator, and starter went on me.

That's all I can remember going wrong on it.

General Comments:

It was quite speedy and the 3.8L engine made for great acceleration from red lights.

The seats were very uncomfortable in it and the backs would fly forward too easily.

The sound system in it is pretty good. It was a real pain trying to install a CD player in it because the amp had to be taken out of it first.

Tires and fuel were quite expensive for it too.

The heater doesn't really heat anything at all in it either. I always had numb toes.

It didn't handle too well on ice and didn't stop too well on it either as I found out in December when I totaled it off.

Review Date: 30th January, 2006

30th Jan 2006, 17:45

"It's a piece of junk"

- So is GM!!!

30th Jan 2006, 18:20

Hope you didn't not expect too much for a $1000 car!

30th Jan 2006, 18:28

These things happen with older cars, with high mileage. You bought a car with over 100,000 miles, I think that's about the same in Kilometers. Should be miles, that's the right distance method. Anyway, you can't judge a car that's 13 years old, with over 100,000 miles.

1990 Buick Regal Custom 3.1 V6 from North America

Reliable, but not fancy... yet!

Being as the car sat for years, owned by an older couple, all I had to do was change things like gaskets, belts, tires, and fluids.

After doing this all it needs is a visual change... custom paint.

General Comments:

I've done 100 mph easy, smoothly. Not bad for a girl, huh?

It's great on gas, unfortunately gas is expensive. And it looks like an old persons car... time to customize my baby.

I am always stopped where ever I go, and asked; Do you want to sale your car?

Review Date: 15th October, 2005

1990 Buick Regal GranSport 3.1L from North America

Elegant, reliable, and apparently built to last!

Since I bought this car for a mere 400 dollars, nothing at all has gone wrong with it.

General Comments:

This car is up for restoration. Reason one; there aren't a lot of people driving these cars. Reason two; I really like the looks. I don't need a lot of horsepower, so I'm pretty happy even with what this old engine is churning out(i should note that the tires STILL peel). The interior in this car is amazing. All power options still work great. The headliner needs replacing, but the rest of the inside is beautiful.

This car has elegance, character, AND it rides like a dream. I really like driving a car that drowns out the noise outside as soon as you shut the door. With over 150,000 miles, I can't imagine that absolutely nothing has been done to it, but I didn't get a lot of info from the previous owner. All I can say is, I knew it would be a good car because Buick is a great brand. Old people don't buy lemons, they just don't stand for that kind of crappy throw away product.

My plans for this jewel is to restore it in full just to keep. I'm not sure why, all I want to do is have it in 30 years. For any car, fluid changes are a must at regular intervals. Wiring and other electrical components need to be inspected as well. People ought to understand there is a lot they can do to keep these cars in good shape rather than condem them and label them as horribly made.

Review Date: 21st September, 2005