1994 Cadillac Deville Reviews - Page 2 of 3

1994 Cadillac Deville Concours 4.6L Northstar from North America

Engine and transmission 4.6L Northstar Automatic
Most recent distance205000 kilometres
Previous carToyota Celica

Summary:

Love the car, but not the mechanism

I don't even know where to start; I'm the 14th owner of the car, car looked pretty good, took it for a test drive and drove nice.

- Rust on undercarriage

- Rust on body

- Oil leak (MAIN BEARING SEAL)

- Transmission coolant line leak

- Filler neck rusted (gas leaking when filling tank, Dealer said part's $495, I took it to a buddy and got a muffler pipe and custom made it)

- Radiator cracked

- Upper radiator hose bust open

- Power steering pump leaking

- Anti lock and stability control module malfunction

- Heater blower motor malfunction

- Head gasket blown

- Front suspension changed

General Comments:

I love these cars. This was my first car, surely not the last from Cadillac...

Rides comfortable and there's a lot of power if you stomp on the gas.

I believe the last owners didn't take care of the car.

Being 21 and driving a caddy gets you lots of attention. This car cost me $1500 Canadian to buy, and since then I put in about $10,000 in the car. I fix one problem and the next arises.

I'm gonna buy a 1999 Deville that has been properly maintained.

Review Date: 24th March, 2009

27th Mar 2009, 17:57

You must be a glutton for punishment. You paid $1500 for a Cadillac and put $10k worth work in it. You could have bought another Cadillac for that price. To me unless you buy a Cadillac new or pretty new you're asking for it. But to put that much money in any car that you bought for only 1500 makes no sense. I paid less than $3k for my car and it had over 100k miles. I have put 40k+ on it since and only have spent $370 in absolutely need repairs. And most of these were wear related such as the alternator and starter. BTW I'm also 21 and I have a GM car. But you must have money to burn through to spend that much on a used car. I don't, and would probably have a nervous break down if I spent that much on my car. LOL.

28th Mar 2010, 21:34

That's what you get for buying a Northstar-powered Cadillac. Plain and Simple.

1994 Cadillac Deville Sedan 4.9L PFI Injection from North America

Year of manufacture1993
Engine and transmission 4.9L PFI Injection Automatic

Summary:

Pure American Luxury with V8 power

At 145,000 miles, the A/C needed a charge.

Due to poor work done by the company, the clutch went bad.

At 146,000 miles a fuel filter needed to be replaced, as well as have a coolant line tightened due to a leak.

General Comments:

I have no complaints about the car since I got it.

No major problems.

Transmission impeccably smooth.

No problems with engine noise.

Not built to handle high speeds, but going around the city or highway, the soft suspension makes for an incredibly smooth ride. I couldn't possibly be happier with it.

Review Date: 18th September, 2007

1994 Cadillac Deville V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

Learn to enjoy driving

The rear window broke.

The alternator below, and a couple of belts broke.

The 12 disc CD changer in the trunk jams about once a month, and must be taken apart.

Fake hard top roof needs special car when washed, because it turns green from the rain and weather.

General Comments:

This car is a great American made gas sucking monster of a car, that feels like you are a lot richer when you drive it then you actually are.

The special features the car has even as a 1996, makes most new cars today look like a rough go kart.

Cadillac is a great American car that can stand toe to toe with BMW, Lexus, or Benz.

Review Date: 7th June, 2007

1994 Cadillac Deville Concours 4.8 liter North Star V8 from North America

First year of ownership1999
Engine and transmission 4.8 liter North Star V8 Automatic
Distance when acquired12000 miles
Previous carAcura Legend

Summary:

Reliable with problems

The stereo, cassette, tape, and time went out. All the controls on the front driver seat are out. Bad tail light problems. It idles, squeaks. Driver rear view mirror has liquid inside it. It has an electric problem all through the car. Leather is starting to wear badly. Power stering went out and I got it fixed. I could go on and on.

General Comments:

I have some good things though, it has gave a family of six a car (my family) it is safe, comfortable, reliable, and has a huge trunk. It also has great power.I'm only 45 my previous car was a 1994 Acura Legend I'm use to the sporty stuff. I got the Caddy because my wife totled the Acura. Plus I got it for 13,000 dollars only 5 years old.

Review Date: 4th February, 2006

12th Feb 2006, 17:47

Well the Northstar V8 is a 4.6L NOT 4.8. I don't know what you are driving, but in the real world a northstar from cadillac is 4.6 liters.

12th Feb 2006, 21:22

Could you just make the correction in your comment and leave out the hostility. Thanks.

20th Mar 2010, 22:13

The Northstar? This is actually a great motor, but not for the homeowner who has no mechanical ability.

This is a very complicated motor in its mechanics, and can cost a fortune if you need to take to a master mechanic. I know because I am one.

A head gasket can run you 1500 to around 2000 to have repaired.

I don't have an issue, because I can repair my own for around 200. But for those wondering if they should purchase a car containing this beast of power; unless you can afford the repair cost or can repair yourself, be it known that you will in time have to deal with serious repairs, so if you dabble in it, be prepared to deal with it.

With that said, this is a fine engine with all the power that a 4.6 can give with the 32 valves. You can get excellent mpg on the hwy, but not in town.

Master mechanic specializing in Cadillac's signing off.

Good luck.