Love the car, but not the mechanism
I don't even know where to start; I'm the 14th owner of the car, car looked pretty good, took it for a test drive and drove nice.
- Rust on undercarriage
- Rust on body
- Oil leak (MAIN BEARING SEAL)
- Transmission coolant line leak
- Filler neck rusted (gas leaking when filling tank, Dealer said part's $495, I took it to a buddy and got a muffler pipe and custom made it)
- Radiator cracked
- Upper radiator hose bust open
- Power steering pump leaking
- Anti lock and stability control module malfunction
- Heater blower motor malfunction
- Head gasket blown
- Front suspension changed
I love these cars. This was my first car, surely not the last from Cadillac...
Rides comfortable and there's a lot of power if you stomp on the gas.
I believe the last owners didn't take care of the car.
Being 21 and driving a caddy gets you lots of attention. This car cost me $1500 Canadian to buy, and since then I put in about $10,000 in the car. I fix one problem and the next arises.
I'm gonna buy a 1999 Deville that has been properly maintained.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 24th March, 2009