1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Deville from North America - Comments

6th Jul 2005, 19:36

I have the same problem if you find out the problem write back.

7th May 2006, 22:15

I have a 1999 Cadilliac Deville and it would say "Theft System Problem Car may not Restart". But it would always start. Now when I turn the ignition it makes a noise, but the car won't turn on.

11th Jan 2010, 10:49

There is a solution to starting your 96 Cadillac Deville.. The anti theft systems malfunction and keep the car from starting.. Get a diagram layout of your vehicles theft system and disconnect the entire theft system.. There is a power antenna wire located on your radio; disconnect that as well... The car should start fine.. you can always put another alarm in it.. Just go to your local pep boys or Walmart and purchase an alarm, open your hood, and there you go, the way an alarm is supposed to work.. not dysfunction the whole vehicle...

18th Feb 2010, 08:52

Theft system car, won't start every time. I hold the valet button in the glove box, and turn the key 3 times; on the fourth the car starts. Theft system problem; car may not start; light on, but this is how I get it to start, it works.

1st Mar 2010, 09:28

I have a 1996 Cadillac Deville. The day time running lamps work fine, but when I pull the switch to turn on regular headlights or switch the twilight sensor to turn on the headlights, they will not come on, and DRL turn off. Tail lights, brake lights and signals work fine, but REGULAR headlights will not come on, any ideas???

19th Oct 2010, 20:12

I changed the crank sensor, and ignition module, but I still have to try 2 or 3 times before it cranks; other times it will just turn over... I noticed "service ignition system" message populated. Any advice?

15th Apr 2011, 12:48

I have a 96 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. I've got a problem with my tail lights. When I turn the lights on, my headlights turn on and so do my taillights, but when I push the brakes, my taillights turn off. And my parking lights don't turn on either.. does any one have this problem or know how to fix it?? Email @ dj_mexican713@yahoo.com

Add another comment