1999 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6L NorthStar from North America
Luxurious, quick, powerful, decent MPG
- I think there is a bad head-gasket now, after the car overheated when I was stuck in traffic.
- The seat belt retainer on the drivers side is broken (broken already when I got the car).
- Right front speaker blew twice.
- Annoying vibration in the right front once tires are worn (I kind of think that it's a CV joint out of balance, and new tires cushion the vibration better so it's not noticeable)
The torque on this car is wonderful... 325 ft lbs.
Great comfort for long rides.
Good MPG on the highway (26-27MPG)
Great sounding stereo.
Trunk is nice an large.
A/C system cools well.
Fit and finish still great after 11 years.
If you take care of this car it will stay nice.
* I was a bone head, and drove the car in traffic and it overheated. I could not pull over... so I damaged the head gasket or cracked the block.
WARNING to north-star owners!
1) Make sure you do not drive your car if the engine gets hot.
2) Make sure to use sealant tablets in your coolant whenever changing it.
3 Follow these rules, and you should be golden!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 15th May, 2009