2000 Cadillac Seville Reviews - Page 4 of 6

2000 Cadillac Seville STS 4.6 Northstar from North America

Engine and transmission 4.6 Northstar Automatic
Previous carCadillac Catera

Summary:

B+

Oil seems to get low once a week. It may be burning it, not sure --- not a problem so I am not concerned.

Fuel mileage isn't bad.

Driver's heated seat doesn't work and driver's window doesn't work.

This is my second Cadillac. I am disappointed with the construction of the car (not the motor). Anything inside that is made of plastic seems to break. When my driver's window stopped working (another poor design), I went to remove the panel and the plastic parts all broke. The parts were all made in Mexico. It was stamped right on the chinsy plastic.

The water pump is very noisy and tyre vibration is a problem at speeds of over 65mph. This car may have changed my mind on buying a new or used Cadillac in the future.

General Comments:

Not too bad.

Replacing sensors can be a killer, $$$$$$$$$.

Also, I bought LED bulbs to replace my turn signals and they screwed up my traction control and stability system. I took them out and replaced with conventional bulbs and problems went away.

I am glad I purchased an extended warranty.

Review Date: 9th April, 2007

16th Oct 2013, 07:55

Hello, this is the Caddy Daddy. I am adding on some more info to my last post here.

The car (STS) now has 170,000 miles on it.

While I was driving home recently, the car just started to run rough and seemed to "miss' when the speed increased. The engine light came on and then would blink only when I applied the gas pedal. Gave it a tune up (very simple to do by the way) and the problem remains. Not sure what it is, but I am probably just going to get rid of it. Maybe sell for parts.

It is too bad, as I have fallen in love with the car (even though it had its problems). I still have never heard a better stock radio system in any other car. I will greatly miss my Bose radio system!

2000 Cadillac Seville sts 4.6L gas from North America

Engine and transmission 4.6L gas Automatic
Previous carNissan 240SX

Summary:

I love IT!

Passenger side door window regulator. I did a remove and replace. Fixed. Done. Works great.

General Comments:

With just some general maintenance on the brakes as in Pads and installing drilled and slotted rotors and new tires the handling and top speed of this car is just awesome.

I am enthralled with the comfort of the seats, door opening so wide to assist in entry and exit.

Sound system is captivating with all the options to make Dolby sound tracks a living part of the car.

I cannot find anything bad to say about this car. I am totally taken with it.

10 of 10 on all applications.

Review Date: 2nd February, 2007

2000 Cadillac Seville STS 4.6 from North America

Previous carCadillac Catera

Summary:

Not bad

So far so good. I have a bit of a rough idle, but Caddy Dealer says that that is because of Carbon build-up on the valves. SeaFoam took care of it for awhile, but it returned. Driver's window don't work. The cable slipped off the wheel. Looks like an easy fix if I can find the parts. I am disappointed by the chincy plastic that this car is made of. Things like to crack or break off. Did they get the plastic from Yugo? So far I cannot complain. Reliability is excellent so far so I will not give a figure below as I have only had the car for about three months. I sold my Catera. It was becoming a money pit. I hope that the STS is slightly less troublesome than the Catera. I will keep all updated.

General Comments:

Nice so far. I purchased an extended warranty so I am not worrying too much. Very fast car. I get about 19.5 mpg in the city and 22mpg on the expressway.

Review Date: 17th October, 2006