Cadillac SRX Reviews - Page 3 of 4

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carJeep Grand Cherokee

Summary:

A great vehicle, and worth the price!!!

Catalytic converter went.

CDs got jammed in the CD player.

General Comments:

This car is by far the best car I have ever owned, and Cadillac provides the very best service I've ever received.

Traction is very good, as is has Goodyear tires that run you $200 apiece.

I have staggered wheels, which makes for SUPERB handling!

My Caddy is black on black, and is absolutely beautiful.

The SUV is a little narrow compared to my Grand Cherokee, but it is a nice size vehicle. Perfect for me and my daughter, and sometimes my sis and nephew.

Wireless headphones is provided with the DVD system.

It is a safe, comfortable and fun car to drive.

Only thing I dislike is the awful high price maintenance up-keep, as expected for most luxury vehicles.

I would buy another Cadillac due to a great vehicle and great customer service!!!

Review Date: 17th May, 2010

17th Sep 2011, 23:47

You expect high upkeep costs because it is a luxury car? What kind of world do you live in? What planet are people from who think owning a luxury car = high upkeep costs. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

I love American products, but after GM started to put out one piece of junk after another, I finally gave up.

On a whim, I bought a mid 90's top of the line Lexus, an LS400. It was just for fun, it was just to see how it behaved. Well I don't know about new Lexus's, but this old LS400 was sooooo amazing and soooo reliable, that I got one for my son when he graduated from college and I kept mine too. Cheap to buy, cheap... super cheap...to maintain. I will never go back to GM.

I don't think a new Lexus is on the horizon, because I found all the luxury I need in a car that cost under 5k dollars. I was in a shop last month to deliver a friend who was having work done on his Buick. (nothing serious - just brakes), and there sat a Northstar engine out of a vehicle... on a bench. I asked what was wrong, it turns out a piece of the head had actually broken off.

I asked how much it was going to cost the customer. The three mechanics at the shop who heard me ask the question all started laughing at once. "We can't fix that, we just replace it with a used engine". They explained that all Northstars do that same thing eventually. Not one of the mechanics will drive a Northstar for this reason. And all of them used to drive GM products. I know this is just an anecdote, but enough anecdotes become a convincing pattern after a while.

I'd like to buy GM, but I can't do it anymore.

PS: I rented a Chevy Malibu last moth when I was in Michigan. It was nice. But I swear I couldn't see out the back. I have never felt so blind in any car I have ever owned, and I believe I've owned over 275 cars since I was 16 years old. Just changing lanes was a frightening thing to do. And I don't use the mirrors alone, I always turn my head while changing lanes. But I swear I couldn't see out. Is it just me, or does anyone else have the same feeling about the Malibu? Other than that, it seemed like a pretty good car.

12th Feb 2012, 02:59

I'm commenting on the negative comment towards my opinion on my 2006. If you read carefully, I stated that high cost maintenance on luxury cars is inevitable; doesn't mean you have to necessarily like it. I took that into account before purchasing it. I still have it, can afford it and have 2 other cars, so BOOM! You need to pay attention to what you are reading before you bother to write.

16th Jun 2013, 18:03

And further more, you are talking about a 90's model Lexus that was cheap to maintain. Now if you purchased a newer Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Acura, or Cadillac, do you think the parts and labor and recommended dealer maintenance cost would be the same as Malibu??? The answer is NO!

I agree the Northstar engines are garbage; this being the main reason I steered clear of that engine, and my decision for not getting the V8 version. Luxury cars equal luxury costs, starting at the purchase of the vehicle, and going throughout ownership period! I don't know what planet you live on, but I have owned enough cars in my lifetime to know the difference.

2003 Cadillac SRX from Kuwait