1988 Chevrolet Beretta Reviews - Page 8 of 8

1988 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2.8 V6 from North America

First year of ownership1996
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 2.8 V6 Automatic

Summary:

A reliable first car

I have never had any serious problems with my car. Just had to replace the water heater and thermometer, which did not cost me too much. I also replaced the entire exhaust. Not too bad for being a 13 year old car. I have only put about $350 into fixing these parts. I am the second owner of this car and the lady that owned it before me never had any problems with it.

General Comments:

This is a good first car to have. It handles very well, accelerates quickly and is very safe.

Review Date: 25th March, 2001

1988 Chevrolet Beretta MFI 2.8 V6 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 2.8 V6 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Blazer

Summary:

Great car

Nothing so far, before I got it, new tires, alternator and tranny were put in it.

It's a beautiful car.

General Comments:

I LOVE MY BERETTA......... It's a great pimp ride.

Review Date: 30th August, 2000

1988 Chevrolet Beretta 2.0 from North America

First year of ownership1997
Most recent year of ownership2000
Distance when acquired122000 miles
Previous carOldsmobile Cutlass

Summary:

Decent transportation

Nothing major. Waterpump, starter, routine maintenance - frequent oilchanges, brake pads.

General Comments:

Drive this car every day to work 60+ miles, good on gas, won't seem to quit.

Review Date: 12th March, 2000

1988 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2.8 from North America

Engine and transmission 2.8

In just the past month, I have had to replace the, 1) water pump, 2) module, 3) computer, 4) starter motor and, 5) ball joints. My clutch is slipping and my brakes need to be replaced. The air conditioning has stopped working as of last Summer. That is all I can think of at the moment.

General Comments:

What ever you do, do not buy a 1988 Beretta. I understand Chevy corrected some of the problems in future models, so I can't comment on newer cars. Also, to be fair, the car does have almost 150 000 miles on it.

Review Date: 10th January, 2000

24th Feb 2001, 06:19

I have been looking around the net recently to find out more about the car that I paid $950 for and then $1500 in repairs shortly after the purchase. I have read some good things and more recently, some not so good things. My '88 Beretta GT has been running tip top ever since I got it fixed, but I have my doubts sometimes. This car has around 170,000 miles.

Ok, so the actual reason for my comment is: I like to take pride in my car (don't most guys), and I'm not really sure anymore if there is any pride to be taken in this car. I will continue my research, and thank you for your input.

28th Oct 2002, 17:54

I bought my 88 gt brand new I drive it every day. i have over 245,000 and haven't put 1 red cent in the motor accept for basic care.

6th May 2003, 09:21

I bought a 1988 Beretta GT from my brother who tore it up pretty badly, such as running over curbs. When I took the car from him there was just a few things to take care of. The over all shape of the car was good. I have put over 10,000 miles on the car and put about 200.00 into the Beretta. All that needs to be done is fix a small tranny leak comming from the passenger drive shaft. Over all, this is a great car for a low cost.